GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure many of you know this, but I have discovered a neat feature of the 6 disc changer. I have been using the "randomize all discs" button feature to get a "variety" of different music for the last few weeks. I had 4 discs in that had mp3s on them (about 200 songs each disc) and 2 discs in that were older and just had 12-15 songs on them. After about 2 weeks of driving and "randomizing" between all 6 discs, apparently it has randomly played all songs on the two short discs with 12-15 songs on them, because it now only randomizes between the other 4 discs. This is pretty cool considering multiple times in and out of the vehicle that it has the "memory" to realize when it has played all the songs on those discs and not include them in the random selection anymore (unless I "re-randomized" by pushing the rdm button again). Now I can just replace those discs with two new ones. Pretty neat - but I amuse easily! :banana:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That sounds like a good feature. It is really amazing how technology has changed how we listen to music. I recall having a radio only in my first cars, then cassettes (and later Dolby NR) were the thing (I somehow missed out on 8 tracks). Made do with these for many years and then it was the CD. I thought we were doing good when the CD changer came out (still have one in my Durango, Trans Am, and one of my Corvairs- all are GM or Pioneer & use the same magazine), and now that fits in-dash. The Acadia nav radio IF it would properly interface with my ipod (the Scosche will not since mine is a 2009) would really be trick for playing songs and even video. The MyGig in my new Dodge plays sat/CD/DVD/ipod and has a built-in hard drive that plays music uploaded via USB from a PC. I have aftermarket radios in several of my cars that either have a hard drive or flash memory to do the same thing, and they have ipod connectors as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts