GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My entire commute to/from work is under construction. All 35 miles of it, both ways. I've gotten used to it and traffic really moves pretty smoothly all things considering. However, every once in a while you get one of those semi-dump trucks exiting the construction zone and pulling out into traffic. That happened to me this morning. No problemo, I was going slow enough and he merged without incident. Driving along, I see something bounce off his truck. It's a huge mud/rock sort of thing and it's bouncing and tumbling around on the road in front of me. Probably about the size of a softball or slightly bigger. I have nowhere to go. Cement barrier to my right, traffic to my left. So I scooted over a little to the right as much as I could and braced myself. I ran it over with my left front tire and it thumped up underneath the driver's side of my Acadia. It didn't seem to phase the Acadia any. Just freaked me out a bit. I didn't notice any damage upon getting to work. But I'll have to give it a more thorough look over when I'm not wearing a suit and dress shoes. :) I'm just glad I wasn't following that truck any closer. *phew*

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
WOW! That was a close call! I had a small rock hit and it cracked the entire windshield. If that had hit on your car.......

I hate those trucks. I love the signs that say "stay back 50 feet". Of course you can't read it until you are right on the the truckand by then it is too late.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mckcab said:
WOW! That was a close call! I had a small rock hit and it cracked the entire windshield. If that had hit on your car.......

I hate those trucks. I love the signs that say "stay back 50 feet". Of course you can't read it until you are right on the the truck and by then it is too late.
I know, I'm so so glad it didn't bounce up and into my windshield. That would have really sucked and probably caused a major accident because I tend to flinch when the littlest leaf blows directly into my line of vision. I know, bad habit. But can't help it. You should see me when I discover that there's a spider in the car while I'm driving.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Glad all are OK! I would wager that the rock was actually ferro-magnetic and due to your recent publicity it became superheated and was drawn off the truck towards you. Did you notice after you ran it over if it continued to follow you? :p

·
Registered
614 Posts
I had a rock hit the window on a work vehcile, my passenger tapped the window and mentioned it was just a small crack. Since it was very cold out the crack then ran all the way across the windshield as he tapped it. :(
Glad you were safe in your Acadia. Are you sure it wasn't a construction crewmember just wanting to stop you so he could get his GMC Magazine autographed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts