GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member. Thanks for the add. I just purchased a used 2020 Acadia SLE and am trying to get my navigation maps started. No maps are displayed on the screen, and no nav icon appears on the Home screen. At the advice of another forum, I got the Onstar activated but seeing no maps system from them. Any advice for this grandpa would be appreciated.

· Registered
3,487 Posts
I'm a new member. Thanks for the add. I just purchased a used 2020 Acadia SLE and am trying to get my navigation maps started. No maps are displayed on the screen, and no nav icon appears on the Home screen. At the advice of another forum, I got the Onstar activated but seeing no maps system from them. Any advice for this grandpa would be appreciated.
As @Grantv metions. . . your Acadia SLE did not come stock from the factory with navigation.
It may have an icon on the screen that indicates a Navagation selection, but it is not active.

Reactions: Grantv

· Registered
2020 SLT2 2013 F350 Superduty 2014 Mustang
10 Posts
My 2020 SLT does not have nav either, but pair it to your iphone or android and it will through the fone's mapping app.
Then your copilot can work the destination with the display on the console and phone. Cheesy but works.

· Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2021, and to be honest, the GM Navigation software is horrible- not easy to tell main roads from side roads because of poor map color design, very low level of street name labels so you know what streets are around you, and the voice recognition of commands and street names rarely gets it correct on first try.
Better off using Waze or Google Maps on android auto...more readable maps and voice commands work most of the time on first try.

· Registered
2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Plug your iPhone run CarPlay run map off your phone same car I use all the time

· Registered
65 Posts
GM navigation is terrible. I have a 2012 and refused to use a map disk. I upgraded the entertainment system to a Kenwood, and now have Google maps and Spotify on mine. Now I really enjoy it. Just have to plug the phone into the USB port.

· Registered
31 Posts
GM navigation is terrible. I have a 2012 and refused to use a map disk. I upgraded the entertainment system to a Kenwood, and now have Google maps and Spotify on mine. Now I really enjoy it. Just have to plug the phone into the USB port.
That’s what I do to my system, just plug in my phone and screen converts to what’s on my phone

· Registered
65 Posts
Greetings! I have a 2013 GMC Acadia Denali AWD with Navigation. The Navigation system works just fine. I don't concentrate on a map as I listen to the Navigation verbal directions. Best of Luck to all.
I have a 2012 Denali AWD and hate turn by turn directions. I upgraded to a Kenwood, so now I have a modern vehicle. Google maps with traffic and Spotify music. Well worth the $600 and did it myself. Very easy, as the harness they furnish keeps everything factory, even the steering wheel controls. Now I just plug my phone in (and it gets charged) and enjoy modern features. This included the rear entertainment DVD system. Best money I ever spent.

· Registered
11 Posts
I bought my 2019 SLT used December 2021. It came with "GMC Infotainment System with Navigation" as a option for $495.00. Works fine so far.

· Registered
65 Posts
I bought my 2019 SLT used December 2021. It came with "GMC Infotainment System with Navigation" as a option for $495.00. Works fine so far.
I hope you can use Google Maps. My wife can on her 2018 Equinox. And Spotify. Otherwise, you will have to pay $15 a month for Onstar. I have used it before and it is awful. Glad to be rid of it. Now I get real time traffic with delays etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts