GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can access a "3-D" version of the navigation system? I know of some people with Yukons who have this feature on their GM navigation systems. We recently purchased a "Tom-Tom" for our daughter and it has the "3-D" feature - basically, when you are driving it LOOKS like you're driving (similar to an X-box game) instead of looking down on an arrow. I have looked through the dealer booklet and tried to access this feature through the screen, but have not been able to find anything like that. I'm assuming I don't have it! Also, for some strange reason we have seen little tiny white dots appearing on our navigation screen for no apparent reason. These dots appear on the roads, in parking lots, and even in the middle of a field. ??? We got the free upgrade in the Spring, so I'm assuming if I get another upgrade I'll have to pay for it. Any info or similar problems would be appreciated! :help:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Near the left hand top of the NAV screen is a blue circle with a red and white triangle. Touching that will bring up three views: Map always north, map follows direction of car and map follows direction of car in bird's eye view (3-D).

The white dots are a result of the off-road feature turned on. It's also known as "breadcrumbs". When traveling off main roads such as a parking lot or unmapped areas, a trail will be displayed of the area you have travelled in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
does anyone knows if there is an traffic update to nav.

·
Registered
362 Posts
avalon said:
does anyone knows if there is an traffic update to nav.
Doubtful since it's a DVD based system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts