GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car on Saturday and I LOVE it! Anyway, at first, anytime the radio channel was changed, the information was displayed in the HUD. Also, when using the navigation system, any directional arrows/distances were also displayed. For some reason this stopped last night. I'm not usre if I did something that cancelled this feature...but I want it back. Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm still learning too, but the same thing has happened to me twice. And both times I was NOT using the NAV. In my case, the XM radio information wasn't showing anymore. I looked at options on the radio and the DIC, but found nothing that could be the problem. Then the next time I started the car, it worked fine. The same thing then happened a second time a few days later. Once I stopped the car and then re-started, all was OK again.

Anyone else have a clue? System glitch? Option setting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not an owner nor have I read the manual but maybe it's like my Corvette and there are different modes for the HUD and only one of the modes shows radio and NAV info?

·
Registered
117 Posts
bravada said:
I'm not an owner nor have I read the manual but maybe it's like my Corvette and there are different modes for the HUD and only one of the modes shows radio and NAV info?
Thanks! Tried that the first time it happened and that did not fix problem.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not sure if this has already been covered, but I have a question regarding the HUD and On-Star turn-by-turn navigation. Does the HUD show distance and directional arrows when using the turn-by-turn system? Or, does the HUD only work with the optional navigation system?

Trying to determine if HUD is worth it or not.

·
Registered
45 Posts
tiffnco said:
Just got my car on Saturday and I LOVE it! Anyway, at first, anytime the radio channel was changed, the information was displayed in the HUD. Also, when using the navigation system, any directional arrows/distances were also displayed. For some reason this stopped last night. I'm not usre if I did something that cancelled this feature...but I want it back. Anyone able to help?

Thanks!
I noticed this shortly after we purchased our Acadia. Sometimes the Radio / NAV info would show up on the HUD and sometimes it wouldn't. Once I determined that it wasn't working, I could never get it to start working until the vehicle was restarted. I figure its a software bug. It seemed like it worked about 60% of the time.

That said however, lately, its been working 100%. About the last 20 times I've driven the vehicle it has worked every time. GMC will probably issue some firmware updates to fix many of these types of issues in the near future. I would expect them to wait a little while until all of the minor software issues have been found and then issue a firmware update to fix most if not all of them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here are some images of the HUD display. There are three display modes for the HUD.

The first image shows display mode 1: It includes the Tachometer, Speed, and Gear. Anytime the gear is displayed, and you are in Low Gear, then the current top gear of the sequential shift is displayed.

The second image shows display mode 2: It includes the Speed, Temperature, and Gear.

The third image shows display mode 3: It includes just the Speed.

Oh, when you are viewing the HUD from the driver's seat, you can adjust the display up or down so that it will be in full view regardless of the height of the seat and driver. When you are looking at the HUD or when you are driving, you get the impression that the display is actually about a foot or two in front of the vehicle. This allows you to maintain your distant focus on the road and still read the display with no problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
The HUD also displays radio or NAV info. Here are some pics...
As an example, if you are viewing the HUD in mode 1 (with the tachometer), the display will switch to one of the images below automatically, and then switch back when appropriate.

Both displays show the current Speed, Gear, and Nav/Radio information.
The NAV information shows the distance to the next turn when you are close enough to it, along with the direction you will need to turn.
The radio information shows the current station and the song or program that is playing. Every time the song or program changes, the display switches to this display to show you what the current program material is.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Racefla said:
Nice job Underdog. I tried to get shots once but kept cutting the top or bottom off.
I had to move the steering wheel down, put the front seat back all the way down, fold down the 2nd and 3rd row seats, and set the camera tripod up in the back of the vehicle.

The real tough part was getting the camera to focus on an image that should really be focused further away.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Here are more HUD photos...

Adam

·
Registered
626 Posts
underdog said:
Racefla said:
Nice job Underdog. I tried to get shots once but kept cutting the top or bottom off.
I had to move the steering wheel down, put the front seat back all the way down, fold down the 2nd and 3rd row seats, and set the camera tripod up in the back of the vehicle.

The real tough part was getting the camera to focus on an image that should really be focused further away.

Hey Underdog...If you were all the way in the cargo area,,,I'm glad the speedo shows 0mph LOL.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here are some more HUD pics:

The first image is one of three "standard" displays. This one has the Tachometer, current gear, and speed.

The second image shows the currently playing DVD information. This showed up automatically when the DVD went to the next chapter. This display shows that the disc is DVD-Video, Track 2, Chapter 10. It displays this for a few seconds and then returns to the previous display.

The third image shows the change in the standard display when a turn is upcoming as indicated by the NAV system. Once the turn is made, the display automatically returns to the previous display.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm glad you can still see it in the day and glad I ordered it. I was on edge about it, but now that I've seen pics, I really think it will be a nifty gadget to have

·
Registered
45 Posts
doglover931500 said:
I'm glad you can still see it in the day and glad I ordered it. I was on edge about it, but now that I've seen pics, I really think it will be a nifty gadget to have
The only time you have difficulty reading it is if there is something within about 15 or 20 feet in front of you that is highly reflective. An example would be when you pull up to a traffic light and the car in front of you is just in the right position to reflect the sunlight into the Acadia. This also holds true if the headlights are on at night in the same situation. Both situations however are when you are stopped or moving very slowly and don't really need to see the HUD.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I still have the problem, although intermittently. It has worked fine (NAV and radio info showing up on HUD) for the past week or so, then today it did not. Once I reached my destination, I turned car off, then on again and it worked. I was inside for about 2 hours and when I started car to come home, it did not work once again. Got home, stopped and restarted and still did not work. Tried it 30 minutes later and it now works! I have tried to figure out if a certain combination of settings and/or options affect it, but it seems totally random.

Anyone else still experiencing this? I agree about it being a software glitch.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think I have narrowed it down a little bit. The only time it is intermitent is when the DVD Nav CD is in. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it works and when it doesn't. I will keep messing with it and see if I cannot come up with the cause or solution.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts