GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday that the brightness control on my navigation screen is frozen, i.e., doesn't work. I'm thinking its probably a software glitch. Anyone else had a similar problem or any ideas? Thanks in advance for your response(s).

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just went out to my Acadia and went to the brightness button and it is now working. A little strange but I guess I will have the dealership check it out.
v
I also noticed that when you play a DVD, the picture on the DVD screen is a lot darker than the picture on the Rear DVD player. Anyone else notice this?

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
coopermine said:
Software is probably written my Microsoft so it needed a reboot :D (wish it had come with CTRL, ALT and DEL buttons)
Yeah, I can see it now. Stop the car, wait for it to reboot. Ooops, totally frozen. Have to unplug something, load new drivers, reboot again . . . :eek:

Kelly

·
Registered
619 Posts
Mabye we should all be praying that Microsoft has NOTHING TO DO with any of the Acadia software....

·
Registered
134 Posts
When I test drove an Acadia with the Nav option, when I pressed the AUX menu on the screen, it went all blurry and illegible, until I touched another menu where it would have been on the screen, then it was fine again.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yes I have noticed the front is darker than the rear screen.

Beware: I was um err...tailgating, or watering my orange trees & plants with the rear hatch open & music blasting for way to long today. I had to go get the jumper cables :-[. Something I used to have to do with the Expedition every now & then.

Never had to do that with the old 91 explorer :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I park my car in the garage. I notice that when I first pull out of the garage, it take a few moments before the Navigation auto setting resets tot he light outside the vehicle. I think the sensor takes several seconds before it send the updated light conditions to the screen.

Gmuch

luvmyacadia said:
I just went out to my Acadia and went to the brightness button and it is now working. A little strange but I guess I will have the dealership check it out.
v
I also noticed that when you play a DVD, the picture on the DVD screen is a lot darker than the picture on the Rear DVD player. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What happens on my screen is that the 'brightness button' freezes. It did it again and does so most of the time you try and adjust it. Also with the Acadia parked outside, with a dvd playing, the front screen is a lot darker than the rear screen. I guess I'll see what the dealer has to say about it next time I go there. It is kind of annoying but certainly doesn't affect the way the Acadia handles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts