GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a 07 Acadia SLT. After reading some posts, I decided to try and tackle the installation of a Navigation System purchased through EBay. The installation was easy and successful. The radio and DVD player worked great, but my turn signals and chimes are now too loud. Plus, I realized the radio lights do not match the red of the rest of the car.
I have been to a couple of different dealers in the area, but no one has given me a straight answer, just a "we can't promise anything!"

Has anyone reprogrammed a stereo or have any suggestions what to do next?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
if the lights are the wrong color then you bought the wrong one. as far as the chimes when you have it in park use your information button 3rd one that has boxes in it and go to the chimes option and make sure it is on normal. my dealer said you should still have it reprogrammed tho. it takes an hour of time paid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
acadiapup said:
We just purchased a 07 Acadia SLT. After reading some posts, I decided to try and tackle the installation of a Navigation System purchased through EBay. The installation was easy and successful. The radio and DVD player worked great, but my turn signals and chimes are now too loud. Plus, I realized the radio lights do not match the red of the rest of the car.
I have been to a couple of different dealers in the area, but no one has given me a straight answer, just a "we can't promise anything!"

Has anyone reprogrammed a stereo or have any suggestions what to do next?
Thanks
which is the part number?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You have to take it to the dealer to reset the chimes on the navigation. Read through the rest of the nav install posts and you will see that almost all have had to do this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts