GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one else had their navigation screen freeze up while driving down the road? It has happened about four times and so far has just been sort of annoying since it was around town and I wasn't really using it to get somewhere. It doesn't happen in a specific location it has just been random so I can't duplicate it if I decide to take it in. The only way for me to fix it is to turn the key to the off position and re start the car there by also restarting the Nav/radio/DVD/XM unit. Also the whole system has restarted twice, that I have noticed, for no apparent reason while driving. The radio or XM radio doesn't turn off but the screen goes to the start up screen with the GMC logo and then appears to start back up normally by its self. Again I can't reproduce this on demand.
Anybody else???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure if it is related, but I saw something similar today. When I view the maps around NYC with traffic on the map, the nav becomes very unresponsive (hung for a minute). Seems to be fairly reproducible, the closer to the city ( more roads with traffic info), the less responsive it is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The roads around the Spokane area aren't near as complex as the ones you have to deal with. I have driven in many countries and large cities around the world and NYC and the surrounding area definetly have some complex road networks and freeway interchanges. Most everything here is even laid out east-west, north-south. There is also no XM Nav Traffic for this area so I don't think the system is getting over loaded like it sounds yours may be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts