GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading a few articles abot garmin navagation able to use Xm radio to get detail traffic updates and able to reroute your car past an accident or traffic jam before you reach there. Giving you real time updates. Does the Acadia navagation have this capability? if not how can we get this? since I got xm and nav in car :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
No, the Acadia nav does not get real time traffic. It's a shame, because it does have both. I think there's an interface from XM that you need, but I'm sure it'll only work with aftermarket (Tom Tom, Garmin) and not the factory nav.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Onstar has a virtual advisor that can give you local traffic updates at no extra cost.

·
Registered
752 Posts
how? do you just ask for local traffic "whats going on" stuff?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Just push the button and say "virtual advisor". It will tell you the traffic, weather and your stock quotes! It's cool! You do lose this feature if you have Verizon unfortunately. :sosad:

·
Registered
123 Posts
mckcab said:
Just push the button and say "virtual advisor". It will tell you the traffic, weather and your stock quotes! It's cool! You do lose this feature if you have Verizon unfortunately. :sosad:
Really? I thought Onstar was integrated with Verizon. Why would this cause it to lose certain features?

·
Registered
246 Posts
mckcab is referring to verizon's family plan. If you have the acadia on the verizon family plan then apparently
you lose the virtual advisor feature. Boltbacker can explain this better, as he works for Onstar IFAIK.

·
Registered
261 Posts
mckcab said:
You also pay extra for the 'virtual advisor'. It uses minutes from your phone, thats why you have to use your 'On Star' phone, once you switch to Verizon its not available. I guess On Star can't make any money off it if you switch to Verizon. We use Verizon in the Acadia and thats how we found out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts