GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to go on our first trip with the family about a week ago. While the wife was finishing last minute shopping details I figured I would take the time to enter the address of the hotel at which we were staying. While it was starting the guidance the term "Disc Read Error" came across the screen. Then it prompted me to remove the disc which I did. After reinstalling the disc the same problem happened again. It now continues to lock up so I can not even switch radio stations and it will not allow the DVD player to operate. Has anyone else had any similar problems with this?

I stopped at the dealer and schedule a service on this which was completed yesterday. Upon pickup of the vehicle with a new system install the same problems are still happening, so I guess it's another trip back! Any futhur help would be appreciated.

By the way I just found this forum and it's awesome!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've had my Acadia SLT-2 with NAV for a month. Got a disk read error once and reinserted the disk and it hasn't happened again. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
261 Posts
By some chance do you or the dealer put it in the wrong slot. My salesman did that when I drove off. The nav wouldn't work. I finally red the book and realized he put it in the wrong place. You slot it goes in his hidden behind the radio, not the one on top.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Did you take it to Line-X in Tacoma Washington to get your windows tinted ? Because they turned my ignition on all the way for three hours and thats what happened to mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have the cd inserted in the right slot behind the screen. The crazy thing is that it worked great for the first month of ownership then the day i really need it it started to malfunction. I spoke with my dealer again this morning to confirm that the system had been replaced and he assured me that it was and now I have to take it in again next week because he thinks the replacement was defective too. I have a hard time beliveing that I would get two defective units in a row.

·
Registered
524 Posts
This has been happening to me now three times today alone. If I shut off the car and take out the keys and restart it it seems to boot up correctly. It's starting to bother me though. Does anyone here have any info on this problem? 001 are you here still? Izbwh2 somthin or other are you here? Can you tell me what the problem is? I plan on doing a 3000 mile round trip in July and want this system to not fail while I am on the road. Please advise. I have looked at the disc and it is flawless.

Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
50 Posts
Redangler said:
I do have the cd inserted in the right slot behind the screen. The crazy thing is that it worked great for the first month of ownership then the day i really need it it started to malfunction. I spoke with my dealer again this morning to confirm that the system had been replaced and he assured me that it was and now I have to take it in again next week because he thinks the replacement was defective too. I have a hard time beliveing that I would get two defective units in a row.
I would push for a different nav disc before having them swap the units again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Look at reply #29 in the Nav Disc Update thread from acadia7j100001:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=776.20

Apparently there is a software update in the next update of the navigation disc (due July 1) that will address some of these issues. According to the post, dealers should also have access to the software update very soon (late May according to the post). I hope this update will help with your problem. :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It's flawless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts