GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a small glitch in the navigation radio w/DVD. (I can't tell you if it's the same w/o DVD). I have an Ipod plugged into the front Aux and my Sirius radio plugged in the rear Aux. When I am playing the Ipod and decide to switch to Sirius, you would think pushing the rear Aux button would switch inputs. It doesn't. In order to switch from front to back you need to disconnect the cable going to the front Aux jack. The radio then automatically switches to FM. Then you can hit Aux again and select rear. Switching from rear Aux to front Aux is not a problem.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Those of us without DVD don't have a rear AUX so it wouldn't be a problem for us. Sounds kinda wonky, though...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right...duh=me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How is Sirius (I really don't think I want Xm.. )

Great information. Thanks! I copied this to my Navigation/Stereo crib sheet. How is Sirius? My understanding is Xm stations have commercials and talk between music. I also heard Sirius has commercial free. Xm has MLB. Sirius has NFL and Howard Stern.

A little Xm rant..

I have never had satellite radio. I did have Xm Radio stations on my DirecTV. I disliked them. My wife hated them..

Xm station name examples
  • The Village
  • Highway 16
  • Lucy
  • Fungus
  • The Squizz

The station names made no sense to me. After switching to Dish Network we now have a few Sirius stations.
Sirius station name examples:
  • Blues
  • Heavy Metal
  • Classic Jazz
  • Hip Hop Hits
  • '80s Pop
Now my wife knows which station to select.

I think I read you can swap out the satellite radio black box if you know what you are doing (third party hardware required).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts