GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I backed out of the garage using the rear view camera, returned to "Drive" and noticed that there was no time indicated on the Nav/Radio display. The radio at this moment was "off". Turned the Radio "on" and the screen was still blank but the radio was playing normally. Continued driving to my destination wondering if a fuse had blown for the display? After parking the Acadia at my destination I again selected reverse and the rear view camera again displayed the proper view. Selected Drive and all returned to normal display. The Acadia came out from a heated garage (60 F) to an outside air temperature of minus 5F. Any ideas as to the problem would be most welcome. It seems that the changeover from rear view camera to forward drive is the suspect area. ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Believe it or not the very same thing happened to me today. The temp was about 68. While driving we tried to play with it, but only came back on when we got back to my daughters place and put it park and back in rev and back to park. seems fine now.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've had quirky things happen with my NAV - like the rear camera not working. Only solution I've discovered that works is turning off the vehicle and then restarting the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Seems like the screens in the Acadia (Nav, DVD) are affected by extreme cold

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in Nebraska and could see that, but we are in Savannah ,Ga. right now. It has never gone blank in Ne even when it was very cold.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bizkit said:
Turning off and restarting works. My nav has done this before too.
I think they are looking for a more permanent solution; restarting the system seems to be a temp fix for a bigger problem

·
Registered
17 Posts
This has only happened the one time. I don't think it is a common problem for me, I hope. When it happened all I did was put it in reverse and everything was back to normal. I did not have to turn off the key and restart. But there must be something to this if it has happened to someone else. I thought it was quite a coincidence that it happened to two of us the same day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have only had this happen once or twice since I have owned mine May 08. I think only once. Would be interested to know if this is a problem or just your average technology glitche every now and then.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have seen this intermittently too. I turn the car off then back on to clear it. Shifting to reverse again hasn't worked for me.

The problem I see the most is that the XM presets are skipped over when I use the steering wheel control. Not all the XM presets, it's random. Also, when the XM preset is skipped over, I can't use the voice command to select the station either, e.g., "Radio 26 XM." I get a voice message that says something to the affect that that channel is not available. The preset soft button works so I know the software is confused.

Anyway, when I had the problem last September, I swung by my Saturn dealer so they could see the problem for themselves. Their mechanic said I needed a nav radio software upgrade.

Well, it took until now to get the software upgrade disk from GM. GM kept sending them the nav upgrade DVD. I dropped by car off this evening for this and normal maintenance stuff.

I check the nav radio software before I dropped it off. It was version 100E ....

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Tim said:
I have seen this intermittently too. I turn the car off then back on to clear it. Shifting to reverse again hasn't worked for me.

The problem I see the most is that the XM presets are skipped over when I use the steering wheel control. Not all the XM presets, it's random. Also, when the XM preset is skipped over, I can't use the voice command to select the station either, e.g., "Radio 26 XM." I get a voice message that says something to the affect that that channel is not available. The preset soft button works so I know the software is confused.

Anyway, when I had the problem last September, I swung by my Saturn dealer so they could see the problem for themselves. Their mechanic said I needed a nav radio software upgrade.

Well, it took until now to get the software upgrade disk from GM. GM kept sending them the nav upgrade DVD. I dropped by car off this evening for this and normal maintenance stuff.

I check the nav radio software before I dropped it off. It was version 100E ....
If it took them this long to get the software, then it doesn't sound like the Outlook has the problem too often. So what was the result?

·
Registered
154 Posts
How can you check what software version that you have? Also what is the latest version?
Select FM. Then push and hold the Menu and Right Seek button at the same time for a few seconds.

I can't remember if the software version appears while holding or after you release buttons.

If it took them this long to get the software, then it doesn't sound like the Outlook has the problem too often. So what was the result?
I think the only difference between the software for the different lambda platforms is the brand logo when you first turn it on. So maybe, they didn't make the Outlook software upgrade disk until someone asked for it.

Software was upgraded to 100F C027210 05-11-11 V11.23 per bulletin #08-08-44-013B. Prior version was 100E... - don't know rest because I didn't right it down.

No problem with blank screen or skipping radio presets so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts