GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone provide the exact part number for the GM Nav radio that will not only fit in my 07 Acadia, but will have the buttons light up in red matching the rest of the dash? Could you list the one that will play DVD's aswell? Apparently there is a little confusion regarding this. I've been looking on eBay for a couple of weeks now and they list the units as fitting "Acadia/Enclave/Outlook", I'm sure they fit each but color of the dash lights differs from vehicle to vehicle, doesn't it? When I ask them what color the buttons are upon power up of the unit they replied they can only garauntee it will fit the vehicle, not what color buttons the unit has :angryfire:. Also, some have stated your local dealer might refuse to reprogram the unit to your vehicle for fear that the unti may have been stolen, anyone run into this? Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you plug the number you get from the above site into this one...http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
you'll get an updated number that reflects a radio that's rear camera ready.

I just bought one on eBay that was supposedly brand new, but I got gooned. In order for our local dealer to clear a "Theftlock Activated" screen they would need the VIN number of the vehicle it came out of, (plus an hours labor). I'm still trying to get my money back...

If I elect to try again, I'll just get a new one from gmparts...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phazer_II said:
If you plug the number you get from the above site into this one...http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
you'll get an updated number that reflects a radio that's rear camera ready.

I just bought one on eBay that was supposedly brand new, but I got gooned. In order for our local dealer to clear a "Theftlock Activated" screen they would need the VIN number of the vehicle it came out of, (plus an hours labor). I'm still trying to get my money back...

If I elect to try again, I'll just get a new one from gmparts...
I've heard diffirent things regarding the dealer needing the VIN number of the previous vehicle. It seems some will do it without the prev. vin and some won't.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dealer did it no questions asked, but charged me $95 bucks for 15 minutes of work!

aKadia: Ask your dealer if they will do the repprogram w/o the VIN.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a difference in head units with DVD Nav if you do or dont have a Bose system, my truck does not, can an Acadia have DVD Nav with bose? Im searching used radios and ones on ebay, just thought it would be important to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts