GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My portable Garmin GPS allows me to upload files with my personal points on interest into the unit. Whenever I approach a location with a poi (red light camera, known speed trap, favorite stores/restaurants, etc) I get an alert sound. Anyone know if the Acadia navigation allows you to upload files with personal poi's?[/color]

·
Registered
681 Posts
Being that there are no ports (USB) or card slots for a CF or SD card there is no way to download any personal POI's into the Acadia nav. The only way to update the system is with a new CD from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its unfortunate OEMs don't see the value in allowing people to customize.

I understand the Kenwood DNX7120 uses Garmin technology and allows you to upload custom poi's. Has anyone tried installing this or a similar aftermarket unit in their Acadia?[/color]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have installed the Kenwood 7100 works great. One note if you are in the market for a new nav in dash system check out.

www.msndirect.com and look at the models for in dash that are compatiable with msn direct. You can pay a one time fee for the msn direct service which is based on cellular technology and it will give you POI's and everythign while on the road. even traffic.

·
Registered
730 Posts
PerfectCUV said:
Its unfortunate OEMs don't see the value in allowing people to customize.

I understand the Kenwood DNX7120 uses Garmin technology and allows you to upload custom poi's. Has anyone tried installing this or a similar aftermarket unit in their Acadia?[/color]
I have a Kenwood DNX5120 installed..yes, i can load custom poi's BUT the more i load poi's into it, the nav system slows down. The map display (either in nav mode or normal map view) pauses for a moment then updates the current position... a far cry from the smooth map transition when no custom poi's were loaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts