Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wish you had not spent the money

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just how satisfied are you with your factory system??? I'm debating between the factory and aftermarket options.

·
Registered
262 Posts
dmann, can you modify the poll to give the option to the view the results without having to vote? I will be purchasing an Acadia in the future and would like to see this one without skewing the data...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JonTon said:
dmann, can you modify the poll to give the option to the view the results without having to vote? I will be purchasing an Acadia in the future and would like to see this one without skewing the data...
Done!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post to this forum. I have been reading it though for some time and have enjoyed all the comments and info. I too am planning on buying an Acadia. When I saw this topic, I just had to post. I love gadgets and definitely want to have nav. I think aftermarket is the way to go, without question. Here is why. First, aftermarket gives you bluetooth. That way if you decide not to subscribe to onstar, you can use your cell phone through the system. Second, there is a company getting ready to come out with a nav unit that is also a full computer. They have joined forces with Microsoft. In fact, they used an Acadia to show it off. It uses Windows Vista and you can have Office 2007 on it. You can browse the web, receive and send email, it can even read your email to you while you drive and you can dictate a reply message while you drive. You hook up any USB device to it and you can even use a regular type of keyboard to enter data. They had a folding keyboard that would fit in the armrest storage compartment. The unit should be out sometime this fall. One other thing about it is it has a huge hard drive. I think it is between 80 and 120 GB. That's alot of room to store music, photos, video clips, etc. Pioneer also makes several good units. There top of the line unit is the Z2 model.
I'm not sure what size the factory unit's hard drive is, but I know it is not even close to being that big.
One other thing, I have read that people are having problems with the factory nav. When I was in a showroom looking at an used Acadia, (it had about 7000 miles on it), the salesman and I were operating the factory nav. After just about 3 minutes into it, the nav quit. It definitely had problems that need to be addressed. This makes me very concerned about the reliability of the nav unit. It would be nice to know who really makes the unit. Anybody know?
Overall, based on what I have read here and elsewhere, the Acadia is a fine automobile, however, because it is such a new model, they have a few bugs to work out. And, consider this. Since the car is in high demand, they are making them as fast as they can. That could cause problems in quality. And, delay fixing bugs, etc. Just a thought. Will welcome comments to my thoughts. I look forward to what other Acadia enthusiasts have to say. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Skyhawk, I have the factory nav and debated the aftermarket for some of the same reasons. My biggest decision on how we equiped our Acadia was nav. because I was afraid of the unit being out dated in short order. I guess that is to be expected. I am happy with the OEM nav but would have waited if I would have known about the computer/vav unit coming. Any idea of cost and when it will be released?

·
Registered
262 Posts
That microsoft based one sounds pretty sweet. Although.....we'll have to see what bugs it will have too. By the way, Coasteltech has a new lockpick out that unlocks the bluetooth for the Acadia's factory NAV unit, along with a host of the other standard benefits (controls IPOD, unlock stuff while in motion, etc...).

·
Registered
114 Posts
The unit I described is the Azentek Atlas CPC-1000. It will sell for around $2000 dollars. If you go to the website You Tube and type in Azentek Atlas CPC-1000, you can see a video showcasing all of its features. They also have their own website.

·
Registered
812 Posts
skyhawk said:
One other thing, I have read that people are having problems with the factory nav. When I was in a showroom looking at an used Acadia, (it had about 7000 miles on it), the salesman and I were operating the factory nav. After just about 3 minutes into it, the nav quit. It definitely had problems that need to be addressed. This makes me very concerned about the reliability of the nav unit. It would be nice to know who really makes the unit. Anybody know?
Overall, based on what I have read here and elsewhere, the Acadia is a fine automobile, however, because it is such a new model, they have a few bugs to work out. And, consider this. Since the car is in high demand, they are making them as fast as they can. That could cause problems in quality. And, delay fixing bugs, etc. Just a thought. Will welcome comments to my thoughts. I look forward to what other Acadia enthusiasts have to say. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
it has always been my suspicion for the reason behind all the quality issues that the Acadia been having, as well as reason for the slow response from GMC. Thats why im still waiting for more time till they lessen these problems a bit, and buy me one. As for the Nav system, i might continue with my Garmin unit theyre very portable and user friendly and come with all options comparable to the big units except for the big screen.
I think the Hondas/Acuras are using a Pioneer unit... thanks for the info... ;D

·
Registered
812 Posts
the result of the poll tells a different story based on the problem owners here post...

·
Registered
48 Posts
skyhawk, I checked out the Azentek and it looks like an awsome unit. Had I have seen it in June I would not have gone OEM. This would have been perfect for me as I carry a lap top everyday and hate to use it in the car. The price is incredible for what you get. If anyone is considering nav they should check this out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree, for what is offers, it is awesome. Assuming, of course, it doesn't have its own bugs to work out. When I buy my Acadia, I will not get the factory nav, and then later, install a aftermarket unit. Most likely the CP-1000. As with past components such as factory stereos, etc., aftermarket usually offers more features, better quality, and much better value for what you pay. Remember the days of Delco radios? Ugh!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Azentek unit is sweet.

Its awesome that all of the company photos show it in an Acadia. What more could you ask for?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts