GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever experience this with their Factory Nav? (and yes I have the updated NAV CD).

A couple weeks ago I drove to Perdue University in West Lafayette, IN. to see my sister-in-law's graduation. On the way home I turned on the NAV chose my home (SW suburb of Chicago). The NAV directions (chose shortest route) started only on major roads, even though it had all the little roads visually mapped out. So I could see the blue line where my directions started. But I was about 10 blocks away from where the NAV directions was starting. Since the map had all the little roads mapped out, I was able to visually look at the grid of roads and make my way to the NAV's starting point. You would think that since the NAV had the little roads mapped (little roads were all labeled with the right road names), that it could direct me through this as well?

And no these were not new roads, this was downtown West Lafayette. Like I said the map had all the downtown roads visually mapped out, it's just the directions started several blocks away on a major road. When I get to my home neighborhood (which is a pretty new community - 3 years old), the NAV sucessfully navigates me through the labyrinth of little roads right to my front door step.

Anyone ever experience this?

·
Registered
681 Posts
My house is about 1/4 mile of of a state route in rural PA, my neighborhood steets are all labeled on the nav screen but the unit cannot navigate me to my house, as I approach the street I turn off to from the state route the system comes on and tells me that it cannot navigate to the destination address and to use straight line navigation (basically use the target on the screen for the destination and keep turning toward it). I have been dumbfounded that the street names are listed on the map but it cannot navigate me to the destination. I do not have the updated disk yet. On the plus side, at that point I know where I am going and do not need the nav ;D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts