GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, had my car for only a few weeks.
I also have an Acura MDX, so maybe I'm spoiled by Acura's Nav.
Ok, I've hit the POI button and selected a list of POI, Gas Stations, Food ect. Once I've done that, I would expect to see those selected ICONs displayed on the Nav screen when I drive, like the Acura does. But the Acadia shows no ICONs on the Nav screen. Is this correct? Then whats the point of selecting POI's and seeing there ICONs turn on on the POI page of the Nav??
Now as I'm driving around, there are different colors on the Map, like I passed a Hospital which showed up Yellow, I would think if you touched that on the Nav it would tell you what it was, but it does nothing. Same for a Park, shows up Green, but touching it does not give its name, again Acura's Nav tell you what it is.
I'm starting to wish I had gone Aftermarket with the Nav.
Second, The Voice Command seems pretty crappy, again compared to the Acura's.
I hit the button and say "Nav Help" and the stupid thing says "Voice Tags" blah blah.
Basically I really can't get it to do anything, I was driving at dusk the other day and the Nav had switched to Night Mode, I wanted to switch the Nav Display to Daytime to better see it. I know there is a Voice Command for doing that, it just would not understand my command. Now the Acura is sometimes like this, but it blows the Acadia's out of the water.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You have to be zoomed-in so far, in order to see the icons on the map. Mine all pop up just fine. You can touch them and they tell you what they are, and allow an option to insert a phone # and call. You should be able to switch from night mode to day mode by hitting hard buttons in set-up. I forget which ones, but I used to do it on my Yukon Denali all the time. This Nav screen is better than my '05 Yukon was, but I would agree that the voice commands are not anywhere near the Acura Nav system. Study the manual some, and it will take you a while to get used to it, but it is a decent system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts