GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a Nav map CD for a 08 Nav system? The dealer wants $200 :sosad: for it but I was wondering if I could find it for less anywhere else ;D

·
Registered
101 Posts
You'll have to be careful to get the correct software for whatever radio you have. The Acadia's have a radio made by Delphi, while the rest of the GM platforms have a radio made by Denso. The radios look identical, but the software isn't compatible.

I'm following a similar path, but bought a Denso radio & software...unfortunately, I found out too late that the radio has ice blue lighting while my car has red. Once I find a service center to (hopefully) change the led's, I'll get back on track...

·
Registered
384 Posts
You are entitled to 2 free updates in the first 2 years of ownership. Somewhere on here is a post with the phone number to call and get your free updated disc. I'm sure if you search for it you will find the info. If you have the white box that your disc came in, it will have the current part number you have on it. They will ask you for this so that they can be sure you are in fact not getting the same disc, but an updated one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just purchased my 08 Acadia with NAV. This upsets me since I assumed I would be receiving 2 free updates, the same way my 07 Grand Prix does. I went with an 08 for the backup camera, but now I have to dump $200/yr to get an update disc. That sucks. I will not use the Onstar navigation as I like to have more control and actually see the route I am taking (among other reasons). If I had known this I may have gotten an aftermarket system and gone through the trouble of adding a backup camera and rear seat screen. Thanks GM!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. :thumb: I have the Delphi radio and it comes with blue lighting too. I checked with GMC and I would have to buy it since I am not eligible for the free upgrade because I am adding the factory GPS myself. I have also been having trouble finding the factory harness that goes to the back up camera. The dealer is not much help :eek:hno:

·
Registered
101 Posts
"I have the Delphi radio and it comes with blue lighting too."

This is interesting...I've never seen an '08, do they have the ice blue lighting? Did you write down the part number of your radio? I'd like to compile a list of compatible radios w/lighting...

If you go to www.gmnavdisc.com to check for the latest software, you might look for that part number on eBay for a better price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts