GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have the photo of the car, but a few weeks ago I saw an Acadia where the owner had added the following to the exterior: After the name Acadia emblem badge on the side door, was added: CLASS STARSHIP. Then above that was the words, U.S.S. ORION. So, putting it all together, on the side Driver's door it said: U.S.S. Orion, Acadia Class Starship. I guess the owner was a Star Trek fan. It kinda looked cool. After seeing this post, I wish now I had taken a photo of it. Maybe we can all start a new trend. We should all start naming our Acadias. They do that with boats. And they put nose art on airplanes. Why not cars? Any thoughts? If you were to name your Acadia, what would it be?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've never been one to name my vehicles. I have no idea what I'd call my Acadia. ???

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'm planning on picking ours up next week. :clap2: My wife names all our vehicles, and the names evolve over time, but she has already named this one Ruby as it is Jewel Red. We will be getting rid of our 2001 Montana. Its current name is "Stinky". :tard:

·
Registered
212 Posts
My kids named our cars:

White Acadia = White Unicorn

Silver Pilot = Silver Dragon

·
Registered
99 Posts
elliotjames said:
I'm planning on picking ours up next week. :clap2: My wife names all our vehicles, and the names evolve over time, but she has already named this one Ruby as it is Jewel Red. We will be getting rid of our 2001 Montana. Its current name is "Stinky". :tard:
I have a 2001 Montana that I am currently driving (and getting rid of) and have a 2008 Acadia on order. I will be anxious to hear how your wife likes the Acadia vs. the Montana.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
scrapaddict said:
I have a 2001 Montana that I am currently driving (and getting rid of) and have a 2008 Acadia on order. I will be anxious to hear how your wife likes the Acadia vs. the Montana.
We both test drove the Acadia on Aug 15th and she absolutely loves it. We use the van mostly for travel from DC to Ohio and back and I do most of the driving. I bet the Acadia on the highway will shine compared to the Montana.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not too imaginative I guess. My current vehicle that I will be trading in is "Burbie" (03 Suburban)
and I'm already referring to my Acadia (on order) as Katie......Works for Me......

·
Registered
40 Posts
I named my Acadia "Lucy" after my favorite XM station, and one of the neighbor kids named some digital dog Lucy which caught my attention in the first place. It fits her, I think.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 6-year old dubbed it the Gimmick...he was walking past the front and read it just as it says!!

G-M-iCk

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm liking the names. I can't wait till I get mine - I will have to start thinking of names.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've named my "Cadee". How originally right!?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I guess I am not very creative either. When I had two cars it was just "the white car" or "the silver car". Now the Acadia is just the "the car".

When I was in college, a friend of mine had a sea foam green Gremlin named "the Booger".
After we got rear-ended, that was replaced by a brown Chevy- "the turd".

I would hope not to continue his theme of naming cars after colored bodily fluids (especially since I drive a white one!).

·
Registered
423 Posts
I HAVE A 2008 CARBON BLACK ACADIA AND WE HAVE NAMED HER THE "BLACK PEARL"! POTC CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL. I LOVE THOSE MOVIES!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We are now at 6500 miles and finally have a name. Our Acadia's name is "Ruby". :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have 13K on my 2007 Acadia and I call her the "White Ghost".

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sure.

I call my Acadia "The Acadia".

I call my Audi "The Audi".

I call my HD "The Harley".

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dickf5187 said:
Sure.

I call my Acadia "The Acadia".

I call my Audi "The Audi".

I call my HD "The Harley".
We are the same. We called the Audi "the audi"
The Yukon Denali's "the denali"
The harley "the harley"
The Jaguar "the jag"
The BMW "the beamer"
So we'll probably call our Acadia "the Acadia" or " the cadia"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here! Here!

We have "The Jeep" (a Jeep) and "Mom's Car", "My Car", or "The Acadia" (the Acadia) depending on who I am talking to.

What is your toaster's name? What is the name of your fridge? Or the jigsaw in the garage? :thumb: :angel:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts