GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to pinpoint a creaking type sound that is over my left shoulder. It seems to be more pronounced when the vehicle is 'cold'. It is not real loud, but it is loud enough to annoy. I had a friend ride in the second row, driver side, and he thinks it is coming from the third row, driver side. I keep thinking it is the left rear door or the headliner. I plan to have a service tech ride along to hear it. Would like to know if any others have/had a similiar creak. I know this is quite general, but I wouldn't be posting if I could locate it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had a weird noise that was coming from that same general area -- turned out that the plastic trim on the bottom of the left side 2nd row captains chair was not completely snapped in place. After popping the plastic into place, this fixed the noise. I could have sworn that the sound was coming from a different place!

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is another thread on this site about this issue. It is most likely the ebrake cable rubbing the shock. It just needs to be bent slightly. I had this same issue.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I will check the seat and the ebrake cable. Could be the cable, since my friend thought it was coming from the third row. That would be close to a shock. I'll post when the source is found.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigGuy said:
There is another thread on this site about this issue. It is most likely the ebrake cable rubbing the shock. It just needs to be bent slightly. I had this same issue.
This forum rocks! Thanks BigGuy. This was the exact source of the creaking sound. The ebrake cable was rubbing against the left rear shock. Some of the paint was worn off the shock. I tried to bend the ebrake cable, but I can only get it about 1/4" away from the shock. I use my ebrake everyday, so I think it will work its way back against the shock. I may see if the dealer can provide a more permanent fix. Poor placement for the cable. :blob: :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts