GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up on mygmlink.com when we got our Acadia, April 12, entered everything, including VIN. The page hadn't updated our membership status as of yesteday, saw somewhere on here where people had been waiting too. I sent them an email yesterday afternoon, they updated it last night, sent 2 emails. Got a call today from GMC rep, concerned about status on mygm, said she had personally "forced" the update, some glitch between computer systems prevented the auto update. Anyway, if you are waiting for update, send an email for quick service! It seems like a great system, Onstar sent service info right after I drove it today.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just bought my car last weekend and did the same trick today. I emailed them using the form on their website and they got back to me within a few hours that they had added my VIN. The website is much more helpful now.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Can either of you post a link to where you found an e-mail address? I tried to register my Enclave but it did not recognize the VIN, nor was the 08 Enclave an option in the vehicle drop-down menu.

I do not see anything on their webpage mentioning how to contact them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Up at the top of the main page is a "Help" tab. Click on it and you will see a "Contact Us" link.

You can also call them: My GMLink Customer Service Center at 1-866-MY-GMLink.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not trying to be stupid here, but...

Here is the link I have been using. I see no tab at the top. :-[

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home

Thanks for the number. I prefer the e-mail route but I will try it if need be.

·
Registered
362 Posts
zman said:
Not trying to be stupid here, but...

Here is the link I have been using. I see no tab at the top. :-[

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home

Thanks for the number. I prefer the e-mail route but I will try it if need be.
Were you ever able to email them? I'm not finding a "Help" tab either and wish to email.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Okay, I just off the phone with them. Apparently they aren't setup to handle '08s yet!?! :eek:

Anyone successfully registered their '08?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I also called GM Link and they entered my VIN and update took. They don't seem to know why it is not working properly though. As for getting to the help link at top of page you have to sign in first. Help link is not on the home page until after sign in.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Um, how do you get a log in if you can't sign up??? ???

·
Registered
384 Posts
jfencl said:
Um, how do you get a log in if you can't sign up??? ???
[/quote
I was able to sign up. It just kept telling me that my VIN # was pending each time I would sign back in. Normally it takes a few days to update the VIN you enter when signing up. You are able to sign up though. You will see when you start. It just never updates with your VIN even after several days/ weeks even.

·
Registered
362 Posts
vic49 said:
I was able to sign up. It just kept telling me that my VIN # was pending each time I would sign back in. Normally it takes a few days to update the VIN you enter when signing up. You are able to sign up though. You will see when you start. It just never updates with your VIN even after several days/ weeks even.
Here's why I cannot sign up:

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Same problem here it does not reconize my vin either. ???

·
Registered
384 Posts
Oh now I get it. You will have to call them at number listed towards top of this forum and hopefully that will get it rectified. Sorry for not understanding your issue.

·
Registered
362 Posts
vic49 said:
Oh now I get it. You will have to call them at number listed towards top of this forum and hopefully that will get it rectified. Sorry for not understanding your issue.
I did call them. That's when they said they weren't setup for 2008. I was shocked and wondered if anyone with an '08 had been successful.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I tried last night and the drop-down only has 2007. It didn't recognize my VIN either, but I understand that it takes a while for it to be in the system. Oddly, my insurance company was able to decode the VIN three days before the car was delivered.

·
Registered
468 Posts
miken said:
It didn't recognize my VIN either, but I understand that it takes a while for it to be in the system.
Yeah, but I have had my Enclave since April 30th, and I still can not register.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mine went for over 3 months without being able to register so I sent an email to the help address on the site and it was fixed and in the system the next day. Their automatic system clearly doesn't work very well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I should try that again. I did that back in May and all I got was an apologetic blah, blah, blah, stating how important I am, but no solution to the problem.

·
Registered
362 Posts
GerryL said:
Mine went for over 3 months without being able to register so I sent an email to the help address on the site and it was fixed and in the system the next day. Their automatic system clearly doesn't work very well.
How do you find an email address???

zman said:
I should try that again. I did that back in May and all I got was an apologetic blah, blah, blah, stating how important I am, but no solution to the problem.
That's basically the response I got. They said they'd call me back by the end of the week and didn't. I guess I'm not *that* important.

·
Registered
659 Posts
jfencl said:
How do you find an email address???
You choose the button on the top of the page that says "help" and then from the drop down you choose "contact us" It will let you send them an email note straight from there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.