GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several months ago, I had mentioned on the board that my wife wants me to buy the Enclave over the Acadia...even though I was going to be the primary driver. Well, after many months of talking to her about it, she has finally caved in. We're getting the Acadia...either blue-gold or silver with black leather interior. One of the dealers in my area has a 2007 blue-gold, totally loaded with black leather...exactly what I want. However, my wife is putting her foot down on the car not having the back up camera. We have a slew of kids in the neighborhood (as well as having 2+ kids of our own). Therefore, she really wants the backup camera for safety reasons...and I can't argue with that. Sooo, it appears that we will be ordering ours. Since it appears that ordering takes upwards of several months, I plan on doing my fax attack to the dealerships probably on Monday, July 30th.

I've never ordered a car before. But I guess my thought was that since it's the end of the month, would a dealership be wanting to negotiate more on price to get that "sale" before the end of the month...even if it's custom order? I did not think dealerships counted the sale until they had the money in hand...and not when you placed the order. However, they wouldn't place the order until the price was negotiated.

What are some thoughts on this. And should I flip a coin on the blue-gold and silver? I really like both colors...such a hard decision. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Only deliveries count as sales, so I wouldn't think time of month would matter much for custom order. In fact, you may get ignored by dealerships who are trying to push out in-stock units at the end of the month. As for color choice, those were my top 2 choices as well. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Blue-gold was what my wife really wanted and she is the primary driver, so we went with it. We are not disappointed - it is a gorgeous color.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It depends on your dealer, my Acadia was listed as "sold" and therefore listed as a sale when I ordered it. We still negotiated price after it came in. Having it listed as "sold" put the pressure back on the dealer and they had to get it out of the door. (It doesn't hurt to call the salesperson and throw in facts from this site either, it really freaks them out!) I don't know if this is true or not, but my dealer claims that sold cars are put to the front of the list and it is built faster. Our dealer gave us a pretty good deal on the Acadia and a GREAT deal on our trade in (suckers!!) I have to admit, after waiting to get it in, I was worried about the negotiating process, but ours was very smooth!

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
mckcab said:
It depends on your dealer, my Acadia was listed as "sold" and therefore listed as a sale when I ordered it. We still negotiated price after it came in. Having it listed as "sold" put the pressure back on the dealer and they had to get it out of the door. (It doesn't hurt to call the salesperson and throw in facts from this site either, it really freaks them out!) I don't know if this is true or not, but my dealer claims that sold cars are put to the front of the list and it is built faster. Our dealer gave us a pretty good deal on the Acadia and a GREAT deal on our trade in (suckers!!) I have to admit, after waiting to get it in, I was worried about the negotiating process, but ours was very smooth!

Good luck!!!
You're talking about something different. Yes, going in as a "sold" order helps you in the production process. But GM and the dealerships cannot and do not count it as a sale for accounting purposes until delivery.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
loach said:
mckcab said:

Good luck!!!
You're talking about something different. Yes, going in as a "sold" order helps you in the production process. But GM and the dealerships cannot and do not count it as a sale for accounting purposes until delivery.
This is true. Not sold until delivery.

That is why commisions aren;t paid until delivered and incentives are at time of delivery.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'm not saying you aren't right, but that's not what our dealer told us. They said that our order was listed as sold for the month we ordered it. They said that if we were to walk, they would have to sell it quick. When we were waiting, it was never listed in inverntory on the GMC website, or our dealers. If this was not true, I don't know why they would tell us that. All it did was make us feel we had the upper hand. We went in with the paperwork from Edmunds and they gave us that price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are some thoughts on this. And should I flip a coin on the blue-gold and silver? I really like both colors...such a hard decision.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fenwah -

Something I have pondered many times when buying new cars, & liking multiple colors
equally: which color will likely be available the longest? In you're case, it's a no brainer, as silver is one of a few colors that will always be offered.

Blue gold is beautiful, and we considered it, but it may, or may not, be around for a long time. If a color is discontinued, the car is immediately 'dated.' I'm sure that's not a big deal for a lot of folks, but my wife tends to drive cars for many years, so it is for me.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, as cheap as I am, I am now going to wait a bit longer for my Acadia. I am going strictly on a gut feeling...but now that they will be adding a 3rd shift in a little more than a month, I feel that there will be much larger inventories of the Acadia...with those vehicles sitting on the dealer's lots for many more weeks. So, I'm waiting even longer. I have to get a bigger car by the beginning of February. Crossing my fingers that they will be having some sort of discount by then.

Took my wife's car to the Cadillac dealership today to get some work done on it. They had a six speed manual 2006 Cadillac CTS totally loaded with 140 miles on it. Sticker was $42k...asking $30k...would offer $27k for it...expect to pay $28k or so...plus $3200 off from my GM earnings. Unfortunately, there is no way I would be able to get three car seats in the back of that fine automobile. But the driver seat just felt "right."

·
Registered
31 Posts
fenwah said:
Took my wife's car to the Cadillac dealership today to get some work done on it. They had a six speed manual 2006 Cadillac CTS totally loaded with 140 miles on it. Sticker was $42k...asking $30k...would offer $27k for it...expect to pay $28k or so...plus $3200 off from my GM earnings. Unfortunately, there is no way I would be able to get three car seats in the back of that fine automobile. But the driver seat just felt "right."
Considering the newly remodeled CTS will be hitting dealers in late August they will be wanting to get rid of it soon!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oddly enough, when I was at the Denver Auto Show oogling the Acadia, my 13 year old son was obsessing over the new Cadillac CTS. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts