GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after spending a few months obsessing about getting a new Acadia and frequenting this board, I took my wife and kids to the Denver Auto Show last night. She knows that I want an Acadia, and my kids love them, from the test drives I have taken with the kids in tow, but last night was the first opportunity for my wife to see one. Here are a few quotes:

Is this IT? It's kinda small
The seats don't have much padding to them, do they? Are they making everything this cheap these days?
Oh wow, captains chairs! It's just like a Honda Odyssey! I don't like those either.
There's no way we're gonna take a long road trip in this once the boys get bigger; my knees were cramped in the 3rd row
There's not enough cargo space behind the 3rd row; we'd have to put stuff on the roof
Oh well, you can get one (if you REALLY want to) after we pay off my Suburban , but we won't be able to go anywhere together as a family in it
I guess I just REALLY love my Suburban. Hey, let's go look at that Denali over there....

Frankly, I now fear for the woman's safety... :uzi:

·
Registered
497 Posts
She doesn't have to drive it does she? ;) But, I guess she would have to ride in it. :banghead:
Which Denali? Envoy or Yukon? I suspect she likes the Yukon Denali since she's so stuck on her Suburban.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I feel your pain. I was afraid I was going to get the same response from my wife when we saw it at the autoshow. She currently drives an Expedition, which I hate. Fortunately for me, she came away impressed, particularly with the Enclave. But the test drives are still to come........

It sucks when one person likes something so much and the other doesn't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my wife to see the Acadia two weeks ago and she loved it. She currently drives a ML320 and had a Suburban prior to that. She thought the Acadia looks nice, was appointed with all the right features and was not to small as her current ML or to big as the Suburban was. This is the easiet sell I have ever had in getting her to sign on to purchasing a car..

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My husband bought a Ford 150 truck that I HATED :angryfire:, At 5 feet tall I asked for running boards and leather seats. He got neither. It got the name "stupid" truck and he got the silent treatment from the entire house (which I think he secretly liked ;D)

He just asked me what I was typing and I read the first sentence. "LET IT GO!! I bought the Infinity you wanted!"

Moral of story- try to get her to come around, don't go out and buy it without her knowing!!!! (Unless you like quiet. :drunk:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MMMMM....quiet is nice..... :angel: >:D

But, I think I should probably let her test drive one. She's not a "car guy," and doesn't understand the underpinnings, and how a truck frame differs from a car chassis. She liked both the Yukon and Yukon XL Denalis that they had on display.

The kids swear that the DVD system with surround sound will be enough to compensate for the cargo space on a long trip, but she's not buying it.

One interesting side note -- They had one Enclave on display at the Auto Show (on a rotating turntable ** see my pics in the Enclave forum gallery**), two Acadias (but only one was open access, the other was on a turntable), and they had THREE Outlooks (two open displayed with cloth interior, and one on a turntable with leather). -- I wonder how they made this determination??

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
tymj - She doesn't like the interior room in the Acadia but likes the Envoy and Yukon? BOTH of those have less interior room than an Acadia (except the Yukon XL, of course. And the XL Denali STARTS at $51,000). Remind her that 2nd row bench is an option, and a -$495 one at that. Also, unless your wife is 6'2" tall, the third row should be fine for her if you move the 2nd row up one or two notches - again more space than the Yukon.

My biggest advice would be to let her test drive an Acadia and Yukon back to back. If that doesn't convince her, take her directly to the Doctor and have her head examined! hehe :p

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have it all figured out.

It doesn't matter WHAT I like, she doesn't want me to spend any money. :banghead:

·
Registered
246 Posts
tymj said:
Okay, after spending a few months obsessing about getting a new Acadia and frequenting this board, I took my wife and kids to the Denver Auto Show last night. She knows that I want an Acadia, and my kids love them, from the test drives I have taken with the kids in tow, but last night was the first opportunity for my wife to see one. Here are a few quotes:

The seats don't have much padding to them, do they? Are they making everything this cheap these days?
Oh wow, captains chairs! It's just like a Honda Odyssey! I don't like those either.
There's no way to take in long road trip in this once the boys get bigger; my knees were cramped in the 3rd row
There's not enough cargo space behind the 3rd row; we'd have to put stuff on the roof
Oh well, you can get one (if you REALLY want to) after we pay off my Suburban , but we won't be able to go anywhere together as a family in it
I guess I just REALLY love my Suburban. Hey, let's go look at that Denali over there....

Hmm, sounds like someone is trying to annoy tymj for no good reason. :sosad: It's not like she will be the one
riding in the 3rd row all the time, will she??

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
tymj said:
It doesn't matter WHAT I like, she doesn't want me to spend any money. :banghead:
Well then tell her you're trying to decide between the $50k Yukon Denali and the $35k Acadia >:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, sounds like someone is trying to annoy tymj for no good reason. so sad It's not like she will be the one
riding in the 3rd row all the time, will she??
If she keeps it up, she can be the cargo on the roof rack!! :angryfire:

·
Registered
246 Posts
tymj said:
I have it all figured out.

Unless it's on her obviously ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I just cannot fathom how she cannot possibly like the Acadia. It's PERFECT! I loved it the very second I saw it on TV and then loved it even more after a test drive.

huh. She's giving us females a bad name. LOL :eek:hno:

Stories like this make me glad that I'm not married and can make decisions on my own. :p

·
Registered
246 Posts
Web Raven said:
Stories like this make me glad that I'm not married and can make decisions on my own. :p
Well put :ditto:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe just give her a chance for it to grow on her. It is a new look and took me awhile to get used to. My husband went out to test drive an Envoy, which is what he thought he wanted, and drove home to show me an Acadia. Wow is it different looking. I drove it, rode in it. Seemed like a yacht to me. ( I have a 2007 Equinox, and before that we both had Grand Caravans) The salesman after they left said "She doesnt like it" Though I did not say anything, he must of just picked up on it. But dh loved the **** thing so much its all he thought about till we got it in our garage. (after driving one way 6 hours to get it). After our mini trip in it with the kids, I do love it, and got used to driving it. In fact, with the excellent gas mileage, I am almost wanting to get rid of my Nox and get a cheaper version of the Acadia. Dh's sticker was 45,260.00

tymj said:

There's no way we're gonna take a long road trip in this once the boys get bigger; my knees were cramped in the 3rd row

·
Registered
683 Posts
Coming from a 4-dr sedan, this thing feels HUGE! Heck my wife's envoy looks puny next to it...in just about every comparison. Maybe if I had something larger before this, I would think differently.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a big sedan (Chrysler Concorde LXI with the mafia trunk) and my wife refuses to drive it. She says she doesn't feel safe in it, and it freaks her out to be in it "because it feels like we're riding with our butts directly on the pavement." I thinkk she has spent too much time riding high in the Suburban (she's only 5'3")

Coming from a 4-dr sedan, this thing feels HUGE!

·
Registered
306 Posts
tymj said:
I have a big sedan (Chrysler Concorde LXI with the mafia trunk) and my wife refuses to drive it. She says she doesn't feel safe in it, and it freaks her out to be in it "because it feels like we're riding with our butts directly on the pavement." I thinkk she has spent too much time riding high in the Suburban (she's only 5'3")
I do believe you wife would like a Chevy Kodiak it's huge! Or even a Ford version!

Here are a couple of photos:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Those are real trucks? :crazy: I'll stick with my Acadia.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Real Trucks you can buy today, some 2005s on Ebay for $55K. I think the 2007s run about $90K loaded up.

Here's another photo for the GMC affectionado's":

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts