GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the person who listed the VIN number ranges for vehicles and the corresponding recalls and technical bulletin Announcements (TBA). It is very helpful. So my Acadia falls within the VIN listed for the airbag recall
(the one that states it may fail to deploy in an emergency). However both my dealer and GMC (I called thier number today) says my car is not listed as needing that done. I found a PDF file 10 pages long that explains the whole thing and also lists the VINs (mine still being withn range). So I bring that in to my dealer and show him the info (which incidentally has GM letterhead on it). The document explains that those vehicles within the VIN ranges need to be tested to see if they need the work done. I ask him if it had been done to my vehicle. Answer "No." I ask why not, and am told becasue it is not listed on my vehicles VIS (he shows me a computor screen with info on my vehicle. The other two fixes had been listed and are now taken care of). He goes on to explain that the reason they have not done the work is that they are not authorized to do so and without authorization from GMC they don't get paid for the work.
So the question is, how can there be this document from GMC stating that my vehicle needs to have it's airbags checked but the dealer won't do it cause they are not authorized to do so? How do I get this done? Who can I contact to get authorization?
I am not angry just concerned. I bought the car partly becasue of all the safety, and I'm loving the car, but I do want to know my airbags will all work if they ever need to.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Re: My VIN falls in the 07043 recall but dealer says I don't need it!

Have you registered with mygmlink.com? CHeck there to see if that recall comes up under your VIN. If so, print it out and take it to your dealer. If not, then it's already been fixed - how long ago did you get it? That was one of the early recalls.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Acadia7j100001,... I sent a meesage back, but am not sure I did it correctly, did you get it?

admin,... yes, I just joined myGMlink two days ago. Gave them my VIN but it is not yet listed there. From a different thread on this site it looks like that process may take some time. I bought the car on the 24th of Feb, it had been with the dealer since Jan, and the recall seems to have gone out starting on Feb 22. The dealer told me the checking process involving the TECH 2 reader had not been preformed by them because the VIS didn't list it as needing done, Hence my confusion.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Is there a way to check to see if all my recalls were done before I picked up my car? My dealer got my car on a dealer trade and he said that the other dealer "should" have done all the recalls. How do I know though - is there somewhere to check or someone to call?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts

Sort of. Follow the instructions in this post to at least see what updates have been applied regarding the transmission updates:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=670.msg9419#msg9419

You might also be able to see what else has been done in other sections on there. I also believe your mygmlink.com page should tell which recalls have been applied.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Honest to God! There is absolutely no customer service whatsoever with some dealerships! Really, what the heck does it take to just run a test???

If I were you, I would have talked to the Service Manager. If that got me nowhere, then I would have marched right in to the Dealer Principals' office!

Freakin' people!

·
Registered
121 Posts

All...just to close the loop here...and dinny, correct me if I've misstated this...story had a happy ending. We had a team of people working over a cold weekend to reflash vehicles prior to shipment. Not pleasant for them, but nothing less than should be expected by customers. dinny's vehicle was in this batch as was confirmed by the plant.

No excuse for the lack of helpfulness exhibited by the dealer! Sorry for causing the inconvenience!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry to cause problems, I didn't think to post that I had found out the answer. Acadia7j100001 very nicely took the time to find out for me that my car had been fixed before it left the manufacturing plant. My dealer just never got that info.

So this thread is no longer active, as the probelm had been fixed. I am so impressed with the dedication of the workers at the GMC plant! I feel great about buying this car and am loving driving it around.

Thanks also to the creators of this forum and all those who answer the questions. This loop is so helpful and informative...I didn't realize when buying the Acadia that it would link me to a wonderful group of individuals across the nation. I have found that to be a serendipidous perk!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I updated the thread title, adding FIXED to show this issue has been resolved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts