GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2009 Acadia on March 30th. My vehicle had a MSRP of $34,820 and my price was $27,244. The final price of $30,044 includes around $2,800 for tax, title, and whatever other fee's they screw you with. ;D (on a side note, I love Seinfeld and the episiode titled "The Dealership", really funny and worth watching if you've never seen it) I had an extra $600 dollars sitting around that I put down for a grand total of $29,444. With the 0% interest I received for 60 months my monthly payment is $490.73.

My last 3 vehicles have been BMW 3 series, BMW X3 and BMW X5 (all leased). So I've been used to luxury vehicles. My wife and I are expecting a "new bundle of joy" (our first) and my wife who is a NICU Nurse is going to cut back to 2 days a week. We figured out what we could afford a month for a car payment and, on our own, found that the Acadia SLE-1 fit our budget. Even though I only purchased a SLE model, I'm just as happy, if not more so, with my new Acadia. I've been reading this Forum site for around 2 months before I finally joined. I have read people say they would like to buy an SLT-1 or 2 model but weren't sure if they could afford the montly payment. If you can't afford the monthly payment I would highly recommend the SLE. Not only will it be more than you expected, you will feel better about it when your paying under $500 for a new Acadia. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome aboard & thanks for the info. One of our members recently was wondering about purchasing and getting the payment below $500, so your post is a good illustration.

In my experience, the Acadia is a big step up from a BMW, and I own two, albeit well used ones.

The SLE offers a lot for the money. I'd have been happy to get one, but would have had to retrofit the cool (to me) stuff like the NAV. Once Mrs. Blue found out about the cooled seats option (SLT2 only), the SLE was no longer an "option".

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jfbk46 said:
I purchased my 2009 Acadia on March 30th. My vehicle had a MSRP of $34,820 and my price was $27,244. The final price of $30,044 includes around $2,800 for tax, title, and whatever other fee's they screw you with. ;D (on a side note, I love Seinfeld and the episiode titled "The Dealership", really funny and worth watching if you've never seen it) I had an extra $600 dollars sitting around that I put down for a grand total of $29,444. With the 0% interest I received for 60 months my monthly payment is $490.73.

My last 3 vehicles have been BMW 3 series, BMW X3 and BMW X5 (all leased). So I've been used to luxury vehicles. My wife and I are expecting a "new bundle of joy" (our first) and my wife who is a NICU Nurse is going to cut back to 2 days a week. We figured out what we could afford a month for a car payment and, on our own, found that the Acadia SLE-1[/color] fit our budget. Even though I only purchased a SLE-1 model, I'm just as happy, if not more so, with my new Acadia. I've been reading this Forum site for around 2 months before I finally joined. I have read people say they would like to buy an SLT-1 or 2 model but weren't sure if they could afford the montly payment. If you can't afford the monthly payment I would highly recommend the SLE-1[/color]. Not only will it be more than you expected, you will feel better about it when your paying under $500 for a new Acadia. ;D
Are you looking at an SLE or an SLT-1?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I got what he was saying. At least he didn't call it an aRcadia! :)

The way he feels about it, I'm sure it is a #1 SLE.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I got what he was saying. At least he didn't call it an aRcadia! :)

The way he feels about it, I'm sure it is a #1 SLE.
I was thinking the same; just wanted to be sure

untrained casual observer admiring your vehicle "I've never seen that GMC before; what does that say; is that an Arcadia?"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys....I bought the SLE. Not sure why I put SLE-1, but made the necessary changes! ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. Trying to stay under $500. I do have a little more to put down, but the SLT-1 is still coming in higher than I'm comfortable with. I have found an SLE with the DVD Entertainment System, Visibility Pkg, and Preferred Pkg, which gets me all of the "cool" stuff that I want without the leather which I can live without, saving me around $2000.

The Traverse LT2 gets me a similarly configured vehicle with a few more features, but I'm still not sold on the appearence. The rear and the dash just don't appeal to me.

I still think GM is not offering the level of discounts that are needed to start moving cars under their current situation. Their entry level pricing is closer to a fair value, but I don't see how they can justify adding $10 to $12K in options on the SLE and asking well over $40K for an SLT-2. For $1800, I expect a much higher quality of leather. At least it's better than the elephant hide leather that they were using 10 years ago. Chrysler seems to have continued to use that as their entry level leather. I'm going to wait and see what the May incentives bring. My fear now is that at some point they will no longer honor my $2500 GM Card earnings (I still have the old card).

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
You can buy a VW Toureg for roughly $50K and you get "leatherette" - it's a synthetic material. Incredible at that price. The leather in the Acadia is much better quality than anything I've seen in American cars for sometime.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
fdefulvio said:
I still think GM is not offering the level of discounts that are needed to start moving cars under their current situation. Their entry level pricing is closer to a fair value, but I don't see how they can justify adding $10 to $12K in options[/color] on the SLE and asking well over $40K for an SLT-2. For $1800, I expect a much higher quality of leather. At least it's better than the elephant hide leather that they were using 10 years ago. Chrysler seems to have continued to use that as their entry level leather. I'm going to wait and see what the May incentives bring. My fear now is that at some point they will no longer honor my $2500 GM Card earnings (I still have the old card).
One of the mysteries of the universe... the damage was around $7K more than an SLE for us by the time all was said & done. The similarly equipped Acadia was up to $11K more than a Dodge Journey that we liked, except the air conditioning just was not up to par on the Dodge. I've made the point here that if Dodge can build a similar vehicle for so much less than GM could also.

The situation is reversed in the muscle car department- the Challenger is grossly overpriced when compared to the new Camaro. You're hit with a $10K price increase from the mid level R/T to the top level SRT. For this you get a larger motor and brakes and a few other things. I felt it was not worth the $10K, so I got an R/T.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
One of the mysteries of the universe... the damage was around $7K more than an SLE for us by the time all was said & done. The similarly equipped Acadia was up to $11K more than a Dodge Journey that we liked, except the air conditioning just was not up to par on the Dodge. I've made the point here that if Dodge can build a similar vehicle for so much less than GM could also.

The situation is reversed in the muscle car department- the Challenger is grossly overpriced when compared to the new Camaro. You're hit with a $10K price increase from the mid level R/T to the top level SRT. For this you get a larger motor and brakes and a few other things. I felt it was not worth the $10K, so I got an R/T.
Was the gas guzzler charge on your R/T?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts