GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so where I stand at this point is we have ordered one from the factory ($250.00 Deposit). My wife qualify's for the GM discount as what I understand to be a "class A buyer", due to her GM employed retired grandfather. (We at the last minute switched the order from the diamond tricoat white to summit white so the pricing below reflects the $745.00 charge for diamond tricoat.)

What was ordered was a fully loaded AWD SLT-2 w/ every option minus heads up and engine block heater. The salesman we are dealing with printed me a pricing summary from a program called "GM AutoBook" It listed a column labeled MSRP at:
Base Price $37,370.00
Total Options: $7,255.00
Vehicle Subtotal: $44,625.00
Advert/Adjustments: $0.00
Destination Charge: $735.00
GRAND TOTAL $45,360.00

Now the only other column labled GMS and what we are to pay shows:
Base Price $33,969.85
Total Options: $5,804.00.00
Vehicle Subtotal: $39,773.85
Advert/Adjustments: $0.00
Destination Charge: $735.00
GRAND TOTAL $40,508.85

I just wanted to confirm this is the same that others using the GM discount are seeing and that the price seems correct and Im not missing anything. Thanks in advance for your help! And I am so glad to find this forum. :blob:

·
Registered
105 Posts
The GM Autobook was used at each dealer we went to, they printed out the NSRP and the GMS prices. Looks like you got about $5K discount off MSRP, we got $3,261.00 off MSRP of $35,809. GMS is less than invoice, dealers try to make you believe they aren't making any money, but they do. Ours was approx $750 below invoice. Sad thing is, the Buick dealer in our town won't even talk about GMS, they say "they can't do it" when we tried to order an Enclave, which is BS. I already knew from previous experience dealers in our town are much higher than other counties, want to conceal incentives, and have even been accused of altering GMS price. How can GM let them continue with this? Anyway, we buy out of town, let the local Chevy dealership do our service (and they do a great job!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
buyers using the gms pricing weather buying off the lot or ordering from the factory do not have to put down a deposit nor do they pay any clerical fees (paper work).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Interesting i used the supplier discount and had to put down a deposit of $500. You should have got the HUD it is worth every penny.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really, why such an evangalist of the HUD? I've never had one in a vehicle before, just didnt see it as that much of a bonus.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I love the HUD. I rarely use my dash. Addded bonus-My son is learning to drive and if the HUD touches another car, he's too close!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts