·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Nice; will love to see what those look like on the Acadia

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a great deal on them also 2700 installed with tax and TPMS sensors so I will be rolling on 22" wheels I am going to remove the grey inserts and have them colour matched to the Deep Blue Metallic my truck is.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Should make for a distinctive vehicle! So I take it we can cancel that for sale posting? :thumb:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Should make for a distinctive vehicle! So I take it we can cancel that for sale posting? :thumb:
Already had Bonk take care of it Blue.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My apologies for the rain, but I hope you like the look of vehicles that have tires sticking outside the body lines. The stock wheels are 7.5" wide +50mm, and your new ones are 9.5" wide +40mm offset. An offset calculator shows that the wheel will be 15mm closer to the strut, and stick out 35mm more. That's roughly 1 3/8 inches, which I think will be noticeable.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mtnbound said:
Any pics of the install yet?
Not yet still awaiting them to be shipped in from the US. Once they arrive the centre spokes are being removed and sent for paint (colour matching the blue from my truck) then mounting rubber and installing them.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Phazer_II said:
My apologies for the rain, but I hope you like the look of vehicles that have tires sticking outside the body lines. The stock wheels are 7.5" wide +50mm, and your new ones are 9.5" wide +40mm offset. An offset calculator shows that the wheel will be 15mm closer to the strut, and stick out 35mm more. That's roughly 1 3/8 inches, which I think will be noticeable.
I looked at DSNY's Tire Rack link & they show as the only 22" fitment for the 2009 Acadia. My experience with TR is they won't list a combo as fitting unless they have researched it, so I'd think they would stand behind it. While I was there, I looked up my '95 Trans Am. I have 17x9 and 17x11 wheels on it, so I know certain ones will fit. I found they had a set of American Racing wheels in these widths. The only issue may be his use of 285/40 tires where 265/40 is the recommended size.

I also looked at Discount Tire Direct. They have no 22" 2009 Acadia fitments, the largest is 20". These are 9" wide with a 35mm offset.

I found an older thread here:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1170.20
It has some pics of 22x9.5-40 wheels and 285/40 tires (all specs the same as what DSNY is using). Member's summary:
The wheels and tires fit perfectly...no rubbing from lock to lock...no fender protrusion (flush)...good sidewall & rim protection...smooth & quiet ride!

I'll insert the pics here so you don't have to leave the thread:

I copied the TR PDF pic of the blue Acadia with the wheels DSNY linked and have attached it, eh? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I looked at DSNY's Tire Rack link & they show as the only 22" fitment for the 2009 Acadia. My experience with TR is they won't list a combo as fitting unless they have researched it, so I'd think they would stand behind it. While I was there, I looked up my '95 Trans Am. I have 17x9 and 17x11 wheels on it, so I know certain ones will fit. I found they had a set of American Racing wheels in these widths. The only issue may be his use of 285/40 tires where 265/40 is the recommended size.

I also looked at Discount Tire Direct. They have no 22" 2009 Acadia fitments, the largest is 20". These are 9" wide with a 35mm offset.

I found an older thread here:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1170.20
It has some pics of 22x9.5-40 wheels and 285/40 tires (all specs the same as what DSNY is using). Member's summary:
The wheels and tires fit perfectly...no rubbing from lock to lock...no fender protrusion (flush)...good sidewall & rim protection...smooth & quiet ride!

I'll insert the pics here so you don't have to leave the thread:

I copied the TR PDF pic of the blue Acadia with the wheels DSNY linked and have attached it, eh? :)
Those are the same tires I will be running also I do believe. Thanks for adding the pic Blue mind you I wish they had the actual blue of our Acadias but alas this will have to do.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Glad to see there is another member looking to modify the wheels for the Acadia. Seems that topic faded out last Summer, likely weather driven.

I was VERY close to purchasing these same rims and doing the paint match to my Carbon Metallic, however being that they only came in 22's killed the deal for my family. Very anxious to see how thye turn out and how the Acadia looks with them on. Get us high quality pics as soon as you can and congrats on the purchasing decision!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
imgntht said:
Glad to see there is another member looking to modify the wheels for the Acadia. Seems that topic faded out last Summer, likely weather driven.

I was VERY close to purchasing these same rims and doing the paint match to my Carbon Metallic, however being that they only came in 22's killed the deal for my family. Very anxious to see how thye turn out and how the Acadia looks with them on. Get us high quality pics as soon as you can and congrats on the purchasing decision!
The nice weather should bring out the nice wheels; here is Tucson we don't have winter/summer wheels

·
Registered
683 Posts
I actually left my 20" Chrome ones on all winter here in Chicago. We didn't have too terrible of snowstorms but I still didn't clean the wheels nearly as often as I should have. When the first warm spring day came around and I cleaned the car, I inspected the wheels more closely. My plastic center caps got a bit tarnished and the rims had alot of markings that were not coming off with a normal soap and water wash. I later spent some time with Never Dull and also tried a Griot's Garage Metal Polish with amazing results.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like those wheels. they look great. Of all the mods I did, lowering it down on the 22" wheels was the best. Handling wasn't changed enough for me to notice.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:notworthy: Absolutely LOVE those wheels! However, I couldn't get away with those low profiles here in MI...roads are terrible. Eventhough the low profiles look better, I'll stick to my 18" painted aluminum for here in MI, and also the Goodyear Fortera's do great in the snow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I stay in quebec canada, the roads are very bad
but tire behaves very well, I see no difference with the 18
yokohama are the quiet and gentle
winter, I have winter tires mounted on 18

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
:thumb: Nice rims. Are those chrome with black? Can you take a Pic straight on? They look great!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts