Towing
leather
AWD
HID lights
2500 dollar factory installed headrest dvd
basicly all options except larger wheels... 46,000 with extended waranty

8800 miles later;
3 overnighters to get the dvd system to work
3 trips to search for a water leak in front passenger area (about a week and a half shop time)
power rear hatch with a mind of its own (opening and shutting @ random times, either running or not!)
on average sitting in the shop with something broken or leaking every 1433 miles (more frequent than scheduled oil change)....PRICELESS!!!!

I HOPE YOU PEOPLE ARE LIKING YOUR ACADIAS BETTER THAN I AM.

shannon

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: 8800 MILES AND I'M CLAINMING UNDER lEMON lAW :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's horrible. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've only had mine for 2 weeks, and no problems. I hope it stays that way. Good luck with the Lemon Law claim. I hope it all works out.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

That SUCKS!! Just FYI - If you really love the Acadia, and would like one that works right (which most do), I have seen threads about how GM has bought back the few crappy ones and given brand new ones in their place.

Good luck with your resolution of this horrible problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i personally prefer a diferent car. even if the problems are gone the tranny is still crap. But my wife wants an Acadia, so thats what we are going for. I will persue GM replacement before fileing the Lemon.
s

·
Registered
812 Posts

REGNAD said:
i personally prefer a diferent car. even if the problems are gone the tranny is still crap. But my wife wants an Acadia, so thats what we are going for. I will persue GM replacement before fileing the Lemon.
s
:thumb: Good Luck and keep us updated!!!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

REGNAD said:
s
What was the production date for yours? How long have you had it?

·
Registered
614 Posts

Check the BBB, Better Business Bureau web site for Lemon Law help. They have a form you can fill out & submit on-line to help you along.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

i just got off the phone with the dealer and they recomended to get in touch with the BBB. We called them and their phone system said we needed to fill out the paperwork and send it in and they would send a letter to the dealer and so on. Sounds like this is going to be drug out. not counting the dvd's issues the headliner and pillars have been removed 3 times now. the plastic is gouged and scratched. now the entire dash has been removed to finally find the source of the leak. There is a seam where the engine compartment meets the passenger compartment. A sealant is applied at the factory and the two pieces are then joined and welded together... the dealer tells me that there is zero sealant on the passenger side between the two pieces of sheet metal. clearly a factory defect that can not be repaired to factory specs. And they say once the carpet and sound padding is removed so it can be dried they can stick it all back together. i really hope that GM isnt going to give any friction with this, its going to piss me off even more if i have to hire a lawyer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: wow, something else wrong with my Acadia!

today, my traction control failed and my engine died. This is what happens when the dealer disasembles your car 3 times looking for a leak.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Wow, REGNAD, this is a tough story. I hope you get this straightened out. In a way, more failures may speed up the GM replacement as I'm guessing the dealer will get tired of seeing it also.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

Sorry to hear and hopefully you have the lemon law. Darn human element in this case.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

got my"crapcadia" back from shop today for the engine dieing and traction control and stabilitrack lights coming on... No problems found, no codes in computer either. They tried to tell me that maybe i was going over some bumps and the tires slipped a little causing the tractions control and stabilitrack lights to come on... what a load of ****!! Then when i actually picked it up we recapped what they didnt find and they suggested that for some strange reason i had 47 psi on the right side and 43 psi on the left side, maybe that had something to do with it. I really pisses me off when people try to insult my Intelligence. They did take 3 days to come to this conclusion though.
regnad

·
Registered
614 Posts
Re: Dealer suggest that uneven tire presure caused my traction control to turn off!!

I expect your issue will reappear, but I hope it doesn't. Keep us posted in case we have the same problems down the road with the tires.
I really doubt having 10 or 12 extra lbs of air pressure would make a difference, and since they were close to the same air pressure the tires would be rotating close to the same speed as one another. I had the same problem codes (not caused by tire pressure but rather the cam issue) and they got no codes at the dealership and they told me to bring it in the next time it acted up. 3 days later I called and said I'm 1/2 mile away and it's acting up, and they said they were too busy and to bring it in two days later. Crapadia...I like that word. Better than the Hateacadia I'm am currently experiencing.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Re: Dealer suggest that uneven tire presure caused my traction control to turn off!!

This being my second reply, I do remember the wife coming home from work and told me the traction control was off.
This was a few months back with snow conditions and think the Manual told me to restart the engine and drive for 12 seconds or more and traction control will reset. By golly, after I drove down our street the message went off.
Has never reappeared again. Nothing like having your auto manual near by!

·
Registered
207 Posts

You definately have more patience than I do. I would definately look into giving it back to them under the lemon law. Our lemon law is good for 30 months following the original delivery. You guys gave me the willy's on this auto so I checked on it. I figure if it lasts 30 months it's probably wasn't put together on a Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

we are waiting on GM's response to our issues and request for replacement. If they come back with anything less than a replacement our Attorney is standing by.r
regnad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Final word from GMC concerning Lemon Buy-Back

While on vacation (Water leaking in through door weather mold and auto up window failed again) GMC responded to our request ti replace this vehic
"we cant offer to buy back your vehicle but we would like to refund the amount you paid for th 5 year protection plan and reissue a protection plan with a zero dollar deductable instead of the 100 dollar deductable"
So, they're going to give me a few hundred dollars and promise to fix this piece of **** deductable free for the duration of the plan! My problems are factory waranty problems, i dont pay a deductable anyway! My wife likes the car... i likle the size and styling of the car, But after being insulted by GM i dont want this car at all!!! I guess now were going to have to file this as a lemon in Virginia. For all other people out there, dont waste your time giving GM a chance to make right!!!!! File it first!!!

regnad

·
Registered
614 Posts

Check your local Better Business Bureau web site, ours in Michigan has a link to file a Lemon Law without going through an attorney. Even after the results come back through the BBB process it is non-binding on your part, you can still use your personal attorney if you'd like.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have a 2007 SLT-1 and I have been in the shop over 5 times in 7 months that I have had it. Problems have been:
1. Electrical short on tailgate that was replaced. (2 days in shop)
2. Lumbar supports on both front chairs were defective. (still not repaired after they ordered the wrong parts, I was too frustrated to leave it there for three days)
3. Constant noise in front when steering. (2 days in shop and never was repaired)(I was told"We don't know how to fix that, and the dealer is checking on it.")
4. Noise in engine when starting vehicle with remote starter. (2 days and they can't find the problem)
First american car for me in over 20 years and I have been in the dealer more than all those years combined with a foreign car. Very sad and embarassing just thinking about it. I'm ready to drop it at the dealer and leaving it there for dead.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts