GMC Acadia Forum banner

My Kickin' Acadia

6K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Fragsrus 
#1 ·
OK, well I finally got a chance to see my Acadia, 3 months after we bought it (thanks Iraq), and the Bose system is great, but the stock sub really is laughable. So I bought some toys to fill the low-end gap. ;D

See less See more
#3 ·
Um, you don;t ever plan on using the third row?

#5 ·
HOLY, MOLY what is that!!! Brings back when we had 6X9 speakers with reverb!
GOLLY GEES, I hope I don't have to be next to you at a stop sign!!! Probably get thrown out the window!!!

#6 ·
I'm picturing being stopped next to him at a light and my Acadia just falls over on it's side from the vibrations. heh Personally, I'm good with the stereo and speakers that are standard in my Acadia. I save the LOUD music for when I'm at a concert.

#7 ·
Very nice work!! Did you do that yourself? Do the sub-woofers fold back to allow the 3rd row to come up, or was the 3rd row sacrificed. Either way, that's a beautiful job.

#8 ·
:clap2: nice mod! never mind about the 3rd seat as long as you can blast your way through and let every driver know that you arrive.... :thumb:

#11 ·
fenwah said:
I bet those Neil Diamond and Wayne Newton albums sound great with that sound system!!
You'll be getting a bill for the replacement keyboard since I just spit soda on mine! ;D

Seriously, nice mod! I'm not into that kind of stuff anymore but it looks (and sounds, I'm sure) fantastic!

Is your middle name "Huh?" ;)

#14 ·
teetertotter said:
My second thought, What is something like that good for??? To funny!! :eek:hno:
Giving your dentist business because you're rattling your fillings loose. ;)

My son would certainly get a kick out of that system. He likes to push my Acadia's speakers to the limits quite often.

#15 ·
Fragsrus said:
The 3rd row is not completely sacrificed, the sub box can easily be pulled out to put back in the seats.
Oh, that's cool then.

It fits behind the third row or it has to be completely removed?

#18 ·
Holly molly that is sick sick sick.

Stock bose system is fine for my Disney movies/tunes passengers. But if I were R Kelly....

Nice job. Did you do it yourself?

#19 ·
My favorite part is the stretchy nylon seat covers in the front. Nice touch! :thumb: I know they can be necessary because of work/grungy conditions/etc. to protect the leather, but they kind of remind me of those gangsta panty-hose do-rag things! ;) Totally matches the "kickin" stuff in back!

And also, thanks for your service!

#20 ·
Rufio said:
Nice job. Did you do it yourself?
Normally, I would have. I did in my last 3 vehicles... but I didn't have the time this year thanks to being in Iraq. So we took it down to a local shop my bro-in-law suggested and had it installed while I was home on break.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.