GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an anxious couple of weeks trying to find my elusive Acadia, I have her! I don't know how those of you who ordered had the patience to wait. Just waiting all day yesterday for my Acadia to arrive from another dealer just about killed me. But it was worth the wait. We didn't get home until almost 10 last night, but I'll never forget that drive home. I had the biggest grin on my face. But I haven't even described my baby: AWD SLT-2, red jewel, titanium, 8-passenger, dual sunroof, nav, entertainment, HUD, HID. Exactly what I wanted - I'm glad I didn't settle. I was thinking of naming her Big Red after our alma mater, but she's too pretty for that. Now I'm thinking Ruby. My kids were so excited this morning when they woke up (mercifully they weren't with us last night). They wanted me to drive them to school this morning, even though it's across the street. Of course, I obliged them. I'm trying to come up with a lot of errands to run today.

If you'd like to know why I'm so excited about this car, I could give you a brief history of my sad car life (sad because I'm such a car lover - way more than my husband).

1989: First car, '83 Maxima. I loved it because it talked ("Right door is open"). I felt like Knight Rider's girlfriend.
1991: '83 Mazda 626. Electric blue.
1999: '83 Plymouth Reliant station wagon (notice a theme?). Low point.
2000: '95 Toyota Previa. Even though I had sworn never to drive a minivan.
2004: '00 Toyota Sienna. At least I had entered the new millenium.
2007: '2007 Acadia!

Is that a happy ending or what?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the exclusive Red Jewel Club. ;D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Red jewel ROCKS!! Congrats!! IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!! :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to thank everyone on this forum who has been so helpful to me. Everyone's advice really helped us with this decision - and to feel good about it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Congrats, contrats!! You will love every minute driving and admiring from the outside. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts