GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...

I have been on this site for quite a few months as a guest, and thought that is was time to be member. I have no Acadia yet, but I want one. I am 13, but I want my dad to get one. I like the SLT-1. My neighbor has one and it's really sweet! My dad currently drives the Pilot. My mom drives the V-Dub and the Boxster. I enjoy this forum a lot. I hope to continue to use this site regularly and convince my parents to get a GM Vehicle. My mom doesn't like American cars at all. She gets a lot of rentals, mostly Ford and GM, and she always complains about something, but i guess it's just an opinion from the driver's point of view....

(BTW - I am OBSESSED w/ cars and I am also a computer whiz.....)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi gh_008! So glad you decided to post! Welcome! Best of luck convincing you folks. I think it's pretty cool you have such a love of cars. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Keep working on your parents. The main reason I drive the Acadia is not only because it was my fave, but my kids loved it. Plus you only have 3 more years until you drive, start working on them now! :angel:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
gh_008 said:
(BTW - I am OBSESSED w/ cars and I am also a computer whiz.....)
Welcome to the forum. I share the same disease obsession. :)

We had a 16 YOA or so member here last year- I think their parents ended up w/ an Enclave, but they also liked the Acadia. Good to have the younger crowd here.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
No age requirement; interesting? Good luck getting your folks to buy a Lambda

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! :) I hope that we can get an Acadia in the next year or two. My dad really likes his Honda, but it's nothing compared to the Acadia, IMO...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Start with asking your parents how much they love you, and then let them know how much you love & appreciate them, then gently remind them of all the safety features of the Acadia and how safe it is, for an experienced driver as well as a newbie driver.
In fact, let them know if they bought an Acadia they could actually drop you off at the front doors of your school, and not embarrass you in the process because Acadias would make your parents even cooler than they actually are now!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
gh,
You could go with, Hey Mom we can put the Boxster or the Dub in the back so the Acadia to keep them safe. It will save on Driveway or garage space! You could even, Hey wait a minute your a whiz with computers! Order one and have it delivered to your house with your Mom's name on it! Now being a parent I don't agree with this, BUT just how much of a whiz ARE YOU! >:D

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Oh gh,
Welcome to the forum I hope you will enjoy your Acadia real soon!!! :angel:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
mborden said:
...Order one and have it delivered to your house with your Mom's name on it! Now being a parent I don't agree with this, BUT just how much of a whiz ARE YOU!
:rofl:

"Honey, what's this $41,000 charge on the credit card?"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mborden said:
Oh gh,
Welcome to the forum I hope you will enjoy your Acadia real soon!!! :angel:
Thanks for the welcome, mborden! I hope to enjoy the Acadia soon as well! ;)

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
:rofl:

"Honey, what's this $41,000 charge on the credit card?"
::) :eek: Yes - I'm sure my parents will enjoy that! :D ;D

·
Super Moderator
22,561 Posts
mborden said:
You could even, Hey wait a minute your a whiz with computers! Order one ..........
using someone else's ID (like mborden's). :blob:

and then - a trip to wherever, new wardrobe, some more ID's and heck, the world's your oyster! :banana:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts