GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that wasn't related to me.

I finally located a pop-up camper about 2 hours north into Wisconsin. While my boyfriend was backing the Acadia up to hitch it up to the camper, the guy I was buying the camper from looked it over and said "That's new isn't it?" I said yep. He said "That back end looks mean with that dual exhaust." I agreed. ;D He asked what sort of gas mileage I was getting, so I told him. He brought his wife out to look at it and told her that it gets better gas mileage than the 300M they just picked up in Ohio the week before. ;D ;D

It was nice to finally have someone be interested in hearing about my Acadia. :blob: Yay me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Hooray! Ain't it fun?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Congrats on the camper, too! That's another club to join...

Try this: http://www.popupportal.com/

Just don't get too distracted from this forum. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Never had one person look twice at my acadia much less come up and ask what it is or even give me the "look". Must be Nice to live in an area were everybody drive every day cars insted of exotic cars. I have seen more Rolls, bentlys, Porches, Lambos, Etc that acadias around here and still never even told i had an intresting car. The only head turner is the Mercedes. Not even in a Corvette. Strange.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rollin' Thunder said:
Never had one person look twice at my acadia much less come up and ask what it is or even give me the "look". Must be Nice to live in an area were everybody drive every day cars insted of exotic cars. I have seen more Rolls, bentlys, Porches, Lambos, Etc that acadias around here and still never even told i had an intresting car. The only head turner is the Mercedes. Not even in a Corvette. Strange.
I get a look or a gawk once in a while down here in the burbs and Chicago area, but never anyone who stopped me to ask about my Acadia. I live and work in a very upper class area where everyone thinks their vehicle is the shiznit, so they probably couldn't give a wink about my Acadia. But where I picked up the camper was farther up north in Wisconsin and you run into a totally different kind of people there. They're nice! LOL So it was nice to have someone interested in hearing about my Acadia for a change. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
I had a Chrysler 300C before the Acadia and receive a lot less compliments on the GMC than the Chrysler. Which is probably to be expected.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
894 Posts
Nu2GMC said:
I had a Chrysler 300C before the Acadia and receive a lot less compliments on the GMC than the Chrysler. Which is probably to be expected.
My uncle has the300C. At first I thought they were nice. No wthe more Isee it in person and take longer looks at it..it looks like a fridge on wheels.

Toeach their own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Nu2GMC said:
I had a Chrysler 300C before the Acadia and receive a lot less compliments on the GMC than the Chrysler. Which is probably to be expected.
My uncle has the300C. At first I thought they were nice. No wthe more Isee it in person and take longer looks at it..it looks like a fridge on wheels.

Toeach their own.
Fridge on wheels i love that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
I had a dump truck full of stone delivered this morning. When the femaile truck driver got out of her truck she asked how I liked my Acadia because she was thinking of getting one. That was one of the last people I'd guess would inquire. We ended up having a ten minute conversation and I think I sold one for GM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Web Raven said:
Rollin' Thunder said:
Never had one person look twice at my acadia much less come up and ask what it is or even give me the "look". Must be Nice to live in an area were everybody drive every day cars insted of exotic cars. I have seen more Rolls, bentlys, Porches, Lambos, Etc that acadias around here and still never even told i had an intresting car. The only head turner is the Mercedes. Not even in a Corvette. Strange.
. They're nice! LOL So it was nice to have someone interested in hearing about my Acadia for a change. ;D
i know everybody in the area i live in is a snob makes me kinda angry because that is the last thing i want to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
We live in an area with alot of pro athletes, so really expensive cars are everywhere. (Shaq almost hit me once!) I still have had people pull up just to look to see what it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
i know everybody in the area i live in is a snob makes me kinda angry because that is the last thing i want to be.
I've been wondering why I don't get more looks (besides the usual looks I get all the time - that's in case my husband is snooping around here!). I think my Acadia is so beautiful that I expect admiration from everyone, but I too live in a snooty area where Lexuses (Lexi?), Escalades and Hummers abound. I guess my little GMC isn't sophisticated enough to attract much attention. Oh well, I love it and that's all that really matters.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
mckcab said:
We live in an area with alot of pro athletes, so really expensive cars are everywhere. (Shaq almost hit me once!) I still have had people pull up just to look to see what it is.
I live about 3 miles from Redskins Park (training/workout facility) so most of them live around here. I ALMOST got my Acadia backed into by Fred Smoot a couple weeks ago because he was gabbing away on his cellphone ;) Not only did I recognize him, but he drives a BMW 645 convertible w/ HUGE wheels and personalize plates that say SMOOOT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
OK Admin, I think you are my lost twin!!! We have too many things in common. My asst.'s husband used to be a lineman for the Redskins!!

Oh wait, you went to OU! :ack: JK (sorta ;) )
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
I thought I already sufficiently put you, gagirl and acust in your place! HORNS DOWN, BABY!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Great, now I have to have my computer upside down!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
admin said:
...I ALMOST got my Acadia backed into by Fred Smoot a couple weeks ago because he was gabbing away on his cellphone ;) Not only did I recognize him, but he drives a BMW 645 convertible w/ HUGE wheels and personalize plates that say SMOOOT.

...I thought I already sufficiently put you, gagirl and acust in your place! HORNS DOWN, BABY!

Smootie, huh? Pretty cool, except for the backing up scare.

Admin gets a temporary pass since he's got a kiddo coming in a few days. But after that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Smoot's a stiff. Ask any Viking's fan.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top