GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to let everyone know that I too have an Acadia with a leaky sunroof. After the first rain, we noticed the driver side floor mat was soaked. We took it to our local service center and they are "ordering a part." We've waited for two weeks for the part so far! After the second rain, not only did we find the driver side floor mat wet, but water was dripping out of the back seat driver side seat belt as well. It's aggravating to know that I paid this much for a vehicle that I can't drive in the rain! I love the vehicle, but the water works is making it a less pleasurable experience. Hopefully, the service guys can get it fixed...if not I will probably be going back to a Honda. No leaks there. Whatever happened to American quality!?

·
Registered
812 Posts
thats the reason that i did not opted for the sunroof option, the water leak issue has been going on for a long time and its unexcusable for GM to have a mid luxury vehicle that doubles as a swimming pool when the rain comes. :help:

·
Registered
542 Posts
No leaks here is soaking wet Seattle. I had read on here that there is supposedly a drain for the sunroof that maybe did not get connected on some, not sure. As for GM versus other makes, I am the opposite. After having a cheapo Toyota and now a POS Mazda, I will not buy Japanese cars again. Every other VW on the road seems to have electrical issues as the lights arent working. Ford? Na, too tinny and lesser fit and finish. My first GM car I put 150,000 miles on with no problems. My next GM I put 225,000 miles on with no problems. So far, 10,000 miles on the Acadia without the slightest problem. I see no reason to jump ship now.

·
Registered
752 Posts
big bear craig said:
I used to be a diehard GM many years ago. After several terrible cars from them I swore I would never buy another GM product. When the new Acadia was introduced I broke two rules of mine and that was never to buy GM again and never buy the first year of a new car. My Acadia has had none of the problems that I've read about here except the crappy trans calibration which I have not had reflashed yet, but I feel the quality of my car is only average at best and certainly not up to the standards of my last few cars that were not GM products. I'm sorry I didn't buy something else.
Hey Big Bear, looking up at you from the LA Basin, it doesn't look like rain is now a problem. How is the Acadia doing in all that snow. I hope you got the remote start for those cold mornings!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've had no leaking issues either. We've had a ton of snow and rain over the past few weeks, and my vehicle has been bone dry.

The only thing that has nailed me a couple of times is snow falling into the car from the roof when I open the door, since the vehicle's curves put the seat and sill just below the edge of the roof!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leaky sunroof

I had my 08 Acadia for a week when I noticed the left front corner of the sunroof was not closed flush with the body. The tech at the dealer had to tighten some bolts/nuts on the track. He stated they had not tightened enough in the factory. I've had no problems since nor notice any issues with my skyscape glass.

There was a 2007 Acadia issue with the sunroof drain hose and fittings coming apart and causing water to drain into the vehicle interior. That problem was supposedly fixed on the 2008 model.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
With those that have/had waterleaks w their 07's, you would think this would be a non issue for 08's. Perhaps the Plant Supt. is not very quality minded or is not getting any feedback from Corporate to improve leak quality. Sounds like no design changes have been made and line inspectors not doing their job.
Maybe they don't have in line inspectors either. Perhaps not enough reported cars leaking for GM to take action?

Sunroofs make the car to hot in summer and we kept the shade closed 50% of the time in previous vehicle. Ya, and just something more to go wrong down the road for us. No issues with leaking and latest tranny flash solved the one and only issue. We have 2 Dell Lattitude 830's for the 6 and 14 yr old granddaughters when required. Wish the front seats had pull down tray in the back like air lines seats.

Just my comments and hope everyone's leaks get fixed!

·
Registered
812 Posts
teetertotter said:
With those that have/had waterleaks w their 07's, you would think this would be a non issue for 08's. Perhaps the Plant Supt. is not very quality minded or is not getting any feedback from Corporate to improve leak quality. Sounds like no design changes have been made and line inspectors not doing their job.
Maybe they don't have in line inspectors either. Perhaps not enough reported cars leaking for GM to take action?

Sunroofs make the car to hot in summer and we kept the shade closed 50% of the time in previous vehicle. Ya, and just something more to go wrong down the road for us. No issues with leaking and latest tranny flash solved the one and only issue. We have 2 Dell Lattitude 830's for the 6 and 14 yr old granddaughters when required. Wish the front seats had pull down tray in the back like air lines seats.

Just my comments and hope everyone's leaks get fixed!
Maybe because of the this incompetent attitude in the Michigan plant force GM to transfer all Lambdas to the Kentucky plant by this year or the next..... :friday:

Thats the reason i opted not to go with the sunroof option as Leaks is just unacceptable for any vehicle, i also thought they would address this issue for 08 models but it still persist..... :eek:hno:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I have an 07 Acadia with Dual Sunroofs, and yes they leak! Just like yours I have had leaks for 7 months, but little rain since June 07, They found the drain lines were not connected, then next time, found they pull apart, next time, gap in the sunroof causing to much water drainage, causing the headliner to fill up and drip from the headliner in the SUV, still not fixed, water also gets in the fuze box causing water to short out the Traction control and Brake lights, causing a loud noise in the car, only stops if you are at a dead stop. But seriously, I use a suck Vac to get all the water in my car out after a rain, last time 3 days of rain 1 1/2 gallons sucked out, took floor matts out to let the carpet dry, then the engine would not cut of after getting out, took it back, GM said after removing the carpet the floor - metal was all under water under the carpet and the air bag sensors were underwater, dealer said it was not safe to drive as Air Bags could short out and deploy causing BI - Bodily Injury, have a lowener now as GM is working to buy back the SUV, they said to pick out another (GM) Vehicle and they would swap titles with me, but still paperwork is going on, this is been since the 1st week again in December, still driving a loaner, so I 'm ordering a Buick Enclave, maybe Buick does a better job then GMC in Building these.

Danno

·
Registered
212 Posts
Like a lot of the other issues on this board, it's hit and miss.

It's been raining, thundering and even tornado-ing, with temps in the 50-60's here in January in Chicago area. Pretty weird. Normally this time of the year we're suppose to be under 3-4 feet of snow, with bone chilling temps.

Anyways, I have the dual sun roofs, 16k miles on my Acadia and have yet to notice any leaks (knock on wood). When I first read these leak threads I went out to the nearest touchless car wash and sat under my dual sun roofs inspecting for leaks, as well as monitoring the footwells. So far alls well. With the battery being in the floor, under the sunroof, I would definitley not put up with this, if I had this problem.

·
Registered
956 Posts
sandman said:
big bear craig said:
I used to be a diehard GM many years ago. After several terrible cars from them I swore I would never buy another GM product. When the new Acadia was introduced I broke two rules of mine and that was never to buy GM again and never buy the first year of a new car. My Acadia has had none of the problems that I've read about here except the crappy trans calibration which I have not had reflashed yet, but I feel the quality of my car is only average at best and certainly not up to the standards of my last few cars that were not GM products. I'm sorry I didn't buy something else.
Hey Big Bear, looking up at you from the LA Basin, it doesn't look like rain is now a problem. How is the Acadia doing in all that snow. I hope you got the remote start for those cold mornings!
I actually haven't been at my house this last storm. I have another home off the mountain that I use a lot in the winter. The Acadia does very well in the snow though. I have had many four wheel drive vehicles and the Acadia does as well or better in the snow as any of them. I do have the remote start but don't use it often.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I started this thread and I wanted to give everyone an update on the results of the sunroof fix. I got my Acadia back yesterday and no leaks were to be found. Immediately after I picked it up I drove through a huge rain so it was tested pretty well. I talked to the service guy and he said they replaced the entire front sunroof track. According to him, this was the first Acadia that he had ever seen leak. He looked like an honest person, but who knows! Unfortunately, when they were fixing the front sunroof, they messed up the electronic shade on the back sunroof. It still works, but it makes a loud buzzing noise as it moves. They are ordering a part and should be ready to fix that next week. Hopefully, they'll provide another rental car and will perform a timely turn around. All and all, I'm pleased with my GM service experience. I hate that I've got to take it back in next week, but it was awesome to drive home in a rain storm and not have to worry about leaks. It's the little things in life that make me happy...like a car that doesn't require a lifeguard. I'll try to update you on how next week goes. Thanks for all the posts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to let everyone know ..I too have had the issue with the leak..I was first told the same story about the tubes.. now after fighting and with GMC and having water go through every light, down out of DVD player, front floor board and headliner to which they will not replace any electronics that got wet. I have been going to diffrent dealerships..I finally have the true answer..For everyone with a moon roof..there are four holes one at each corner..The holes are not sealed and GMC has a bullentin (dated feb 18 2008) to basically silcone the holes. Although it may be leaking way up front it is all actually coming from the moonroof which does not even open. I have seen my vechicle apart and had the tech.. show me the problem. when he put the air hose to the holes water just went through like nothing.. i dont know what makes me more sick paying all the money for the vechilce that is new a peice of junk.. or the fact that GMC acts like they have no problems with these vechiles.. there solution was to send me $200 coupon for service. i have spent more than that on rental fees..while my vechilce was in shop.. it is also such a bull the the coupon just brings me back to the service center where they give us the hard times..

drichey said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I too have an Acadia with a leaky sunroof. After the first rain, we noticed the driver side floor mat was soaked. We took it to our local service center and they are "ordering a part." We've waited for two weeks for the part so far! After the second rain, not only did we find the driver side floor mat wet, but water was dripping out of the back seat driver side seat belt as well. It's aggravating to know that I paid this much for a vehicle that I can't drive in the rain! I love the vehicle, but the water works is making it a less pleasurable experience. Hopefully, the service guys can get it fixed...if not I will probably be going back to a Honda. No leaks there. Whatever happened to American quality!?

·
Registered
487 Posts
ronniemc63 said:
Just to let everyone know ..I too have had the issue with the leak..I was first told the same story about the tubes.. now after fighting and with GMC and having water go through every light, down out of DVD player, front floor board and headliner to which they will not replace any electronics that got wet. I have been going to diffrent dealerships..I finally have the true answer..For everyone with a moon roof..there are four holes one at each corner..The holes are not sealed and GMC has a bullentin (dated feb 18 2008) to basically silcone the holes. Although it may be leaking way up front it is all actually coming from the moonroof which does not even open. I have seen my vechicle apart and had the tech.. show me the problem. when he put the air hose to the holes water just went through like nothing.. i dont know what makes me more sick paying all the money for the vechilce that is new a peice of junk.. or the fact that GMC acts like they have no problems with these vechiles.. there solution was to send me $200 coupon for service. i have spent more than that on rental fees..while my vechilce was in shop.. it is also such a bull the the coupon just brings me back to the service center where they give us the hard times..
Why did you pay for a rental, your dealership should have given you a car off the lot or rented you a car. Sounds like your dealerships sucks eggs.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Danno-57 said:
so I 'm ordering a Buick Enclave, maybe Buick does a better job then GMC in Building these.
Danno
Isn't the Buick built on the same line, at the same time, by the same people, as the GMC Acadia??

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yes, and if you read the Enclave forum, they're no better at it...

With all the rain on east coast this last month, I know mine is water tight! Sorry to hear about other's problems with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ACADIA LEAKING PASSENGER SIDE

My brand new 2008 Acadia ( sunroof & moonroof) is leaking. Water pudlled in passenger floor . dealership cant find the problem. ALso had a fuse problem that caused all of the electric panel to go out and radio started changing chanells automatically. I have owned the car for a total of 6 weeks and 2 of the 6 wks it has been at the dealership for repairs!!! But GM still expects the car payment... :banghead:

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you look under the recall section. GMC just announced a recall for this problem on some of the 07's and 08's. So they do have fix for the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Drichy and ronniecm, do you guys have '07's, '08's or '09's?

Just want to know if the '09's are leaking or if they solved the problem, finally.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Adamdc,

That's a good question. I would hate to think that after all this time, with the TSB and all the complaints that GM would have properly addressed this issue in time for the 2009 model year. ???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts