GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this happen? It said I was getting 82 mpg when I first filled up. It's simply goofed up now after the transmission flash and/or oil change. it "settled out" at 66.6 mpg (possessed?) and it said I could go about 950 miles on this tank fill up. It's frigged up after the dealer had it. I'm now getting upset, between the lumbar being messed up, fixed and broken in 30 seconds after the dealer said it was fixed and now I notice my DIC is screwed. :angryfire:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Yippee!! Take the car in for an upgrade and get 66 mpg. That's great. NOT. Even though it is frustrating for sure, I am fully expecting some of this type of thing with the 2008 Acadia I purchased a week ago. I bought the all new wide track 1997 Grand Prix in May of 1996. I got the first one off the truck at my dealer and I think I may have had the first one in the state of MD. But I did have a few issues like this that took 3 - 6 months before they were really fixed. But the bottom line is that the car went for 154,000 miles for me and now my friend is driving it and at 224,000. No major engine or transmission work yet. I am very pleased with my Acadia, and even though there will be a few bugs, I am looking forward to a good 8 - 10 years of driving this wonderful machine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here's a little chuckle for you to put a grin on your face.

Cheer up man - at least the wheels still turn. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is also adding 5x the miles on my odometer than it should. I went 1 mile on the highway and my odometer went up 5 miles! I took a video of it and drove right to the dealer. My average speed was 140mph also...I guess there is no govener on this thing?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, tried that, twice...didn't work when I switched it back. They called and said mine was the first Acadia they did the flash with. The computer program "didn't take" like it should have. They said it's all better now, I'll see at 1pm when they pick me up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Um...dat not good. :eek:

I have NEVER heard of anything like that before. Glad I don't work for EDS anymore...I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for that poor programming.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just drove back from the dealer, it's all good again. :thumb:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Wow, maybe I'll ask how many successful tranny flashes my dealers has done before I let him upgrade mine. Those extra trips to the dealer can be aggravating. I'm glad your back to normal!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cravenfan said:
Just drove back from the dealer, it's all good again. :thumb:
Is your mileage correct? I'd had to have it f-ed up, even by a little bit (you'd have to specify on the title that it was "altered").

·
Registered
20 Posts
are there anyone else that had the same problem like this ?let me know coz im scheduled to bring my acadia for tranny flash tomorrow. thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
"When programming the vehicle with the calibration update in bulletin 07217 Document ID# 2006117, it is important that the engine and transmission modules both be updated."

"Important: If both modules are not updated you will see the following results. Odometer is reading about 1/3 of actual, then there is a cal mismatch - Trans cal is new, ECM cal is old. Odometer is reading 3 times actual, then the mismatch is Trans cal old, ECM updated."

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uh, yup, I think it was more like 5x on the odometer...I went about 5-6 "miles"
in highway signed mile. As far as my total milage, no biggie, another 200 miles is a week's worth of miles to and back from work. I was initially pissed about the extra miles, but since I'll have this for 150,000 miles or more, no biggie.

I actually asked them about the engine mod on Friday, as that's what printed on my service sheet. He said, "that mod was for the engine, it's all the same". Uh...obviously they didn't do their homework.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts