GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say that this has been an unexpectedly pleasant buying experience. When I went to the dealer in July and first ordered the 2009 Acadia, my wife and I had very little information about except what people posted here in the forums. We have leased SUVs for the last 12 years, but my wife insisted on choosing the vehicle this time (since I selected our last three). I happily agreed and she found the Acadia, a vehicle I had never heard of. After I saw and test drove a 2008, I was sold. More importantly, my wife and daughter loved the vehicle, so it didn't really matter what I thought. When we decided to order one in July, there was no price yet set by GM and we had to order options based mostly on the known 2008 options (I told the dealer that we wanted the bluetooth, which we didn't know would be a standard feature on the SLT-2 AWD; and we also wanted Advanced Remote Start, which he didn't know was available). We decided against the Rear seat DVD entertainment system because I didn't like that it blocked the rear view mirror when in use. When we ordered it in early July, we decided to get it in Liquid Silver. However, a week later, while driving with my family, we saw an Acadia on the road in Red Jewel Tintcoat. My wife and I both really liked the color so we called the dealer and asked if he could change our order just as to the exterior color. He said that he would place a brand new order and not to worry, because he felt he would have no problem selling the Silver we ordered the week before.

About three weeks later, on August 8th, I called the dealer and asked him about the status of the order. At that point, he realized that he had mistakenly ordered the Dark Crimson instead or the Red Jewel color. The dealer apologized and immediately offered to order the correct vehicle. I told him that would be great and asked him to include the Dual Headreat DVD system, which had just been announced as an option. So, on August 8th, I ordered the following:

2009 GMC Acadia - SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD
Red Jewel Tintcoat with Ebony Interior
with the following options
Dual Headrest DVD Rear Entertainment System
Touch Screen Navigation Radio w/CD Player
Dual Skyscape Sunroof
Heated and Cooled Front Seats
HID Headlamps
VBS 2-Way Advanced Remote Start

The dealer had originally agreed to sell me the vehicle for $750 over invoice, which seemed fair. Well, we all know what happened next. GM announced Employee pricing on all 2008 models and soon after, on the Acadia 2009 models. If the dealer hadn't made a mistake on the color and had to re-order, we would have received the vehicle before the GMS pricing was announced. Even better, when my dealer called me yesterday, he told me that I not only get GMS pricing, but I am also eligible for an additional $2,000 credit because I have a current lease with a different manufacturer which I am terminating early.

So the numbers work out like this:

MSRP $47,360.00
Invoice $44,540.75 (including advertising charges)
GMS price $42,359.50 (employee pricing)

After adding taxes and fees to the GMS price, I then received the additional $2,000 credit. All in all, I feel fortunate that we did much better on the pricing then I expected.

We should be picking up the vehicle this weekend (or possibly Monday or Tuesday, at the latest).

My only complaint is there was no leasing offered and GMAC is not offering a very competitive finance rate. My bank gave me a 5.34% rate on an auto loan, which seems pretty good based upon my limited research.

I look forward to posting our impressions. I appreciate all of the information and insight I received on this forum.

Alan

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Glad to hear it, timing is everything. We fell into the same situation (as far as I know, it was due at the dealer on Monday, still not here) as far as GMS. We ordered on 8-7, it went in this same day (Order code 1100).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

This is almost the exact car I purchased, except I got Deep Metallic Blue (wife wanted Red, but they had none for us to see, and the cars that had the "red" that they said, did not look good, I suspect it wasn't the same red), and we didn't get the 2-Way remote.

Anyways, when you get the car, can you find out 2 things about the headrest DVD?

1) Did it come from the factory installed (some people are saying that the "factory" installed DVD is really factory shipped, installed at the dealer).
2) Can you figure out (ask the dealer maybe?) What the make/model of the system is? Or look underneath the center console to see?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Congratulations amfriedman !!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cnr1089 said:
Congrats on your purchase!

This is almost the exact car I purchased, except I got Deep Metallic Blue (wife wanted Red, but they had none for us to see, and the cars that had the "red" that they said, did not look good, I suspect it wasn't the same red), and we didn't get the 2-Way remote.

Anyways, when you get the car, can you find out 2 things about the headrest DVD?

1) Did it come from the factory installed (some people are saying that the "factory" installed DVD is really factory shipped, installed at the dealer).
2) Can you figure out (ask the dealer maybe?) What the make/model of the system is? Or look underneath the center console to see?

Thanks!
cnr1089,

1) Even though both the headrest DVD and the Advanced Remote Start are on the invoice, my dealer advised me that they will both be installed by GM techs after the vehicle arrives at the dealership. They are not factory installed. In fact, under those two items in the invoice it says "Dealer Installed"
2) I'll try to get specifics on the system and report back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blue,
Sorry to hear that your Acadia still isn't here! Mine came in Sunday night and the dealer called us on Monday. My husband picked it up yesterday. I love it! Although I test drove the 08 almost 6 months ago now and my memory may be foggy, I think the 09 drives much better! It feels smoother and less "heavy" off the line. Hang in there- I'm sure yours will be here any day- it is definitely worth the wait!!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
newgmcgirl said:
It feels less "heavy" off the line. Hang in there- I'm sure yours will be here any day- it is definitely worth the wait!!!
I also noticed that with the 2009.
I test drove a 2008 and then 2009 immediately after;
there is a slight difference.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
newgmcgirl said:
It feels less "heavy" off the line. Hang in there- I'm sure yours will be here any day- it is definitely worth the wait!!!
I also noticed that with the 2009.
I test drove a 2008 and then 2009 immediately after;
there is a slight difference.
Congrats on your purchase amfriedman. :cheers:

Copperhead, did the 2008 in your test drive have the May 8th flash. I drove a 2009 today and IMO
it drove very much like my 2008 which had the reflash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations amfriedman and Blue I hope yours comes in soon. I heard from my dealer yesterday that mines has been built but they are not sure of a delivery date yet. But he emailed me back today with a VIN so I am happy :blob:. Finally we are making some progress!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I know this is the Acadia forum but I wanted to join in the excitement.. We ordered a 2009 Enclave CXL FWD on August 1st and have been told that it should be built this week and delivered in about 2 weeks! (Way too long and I think it will be here sooner but they say 2 weeks to be on the safe side..) Anyways it has luxury package, driver confidence, sunroofs, ent package 1, heated and cooled seats and I'm probably forgetting something too. Oh and carbon ext with ebony int.. SOOO totally excited, some of the early members should remember how much I wanted the Acadia when it had first come out and then switched to enclave and now am finally getting it (finally talked my parents into it..:))

·
Registered
533 Posts
G-2010,

Congrats on your soon to be delivered Enclave. That'll turn a lot of heads :thumb:

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
25 Posts
glass 1/2 full,
the 08 I drove was before the may tranny flash so I bet you're right that the 09 is probably similar to the 08s that have had the flash. I've been really impressed with the 09 all around!

Gmoney_2010,
Congrats on the Enclave! Here in Virginia I've seen at least twice as many Enclaves on the streets than Acadias. They look great!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: Our dealer called, vehicle has arrived, GM tech is installing the Dual headrest DVD system and Advanced Remote Start tomorrow and we are picking up our new 2009 Acadia after that's completed. As an added bonus, the dealer has offered to return our current leased vehicle to the Ford dealership, saving us the trip and expediting the plate transfer.

So far, so good.

Alan

·
Registered
159 Posts
Really? Around here we see tons of Acadias and not many Enclaves at all..(Midwest)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Picked it up tonight. Dealer was great. The vehicle exceeded my expectations. It's late, so I'll be brief; Extremely nice ride, very comfortable, lots of room. Wife and kids were thrilled. I've got alot of reading to do.

Alan

·
Registered
200 Posts
Start with the thin booklet that covers many of the major areas you want to read about. It's quick, and you'll go "oh, that's what that is" or "that's how to do that."

Huge congrats. :banana:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gurufly said:
Start with the thin booklet that covers many of the major areas you want to read about. It's quick, and you'll go "oh, that's what that is" or "that's how to do that."

Huge congrats. :banana:
Thanks, it was helpful (and it is also available as a PDF download on the gmownercenter site). But after playing with it last night, I really need to spend time learning how to operate the NAV/radio/DVD/bluetooth system. So many features, so little time ;D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, here is my initial Vehicle report:

My family and I spent some quality time with the 2009 Acadia this weekend. To begin with, the honeymoon continues. There is so much to appreciate about this car. In no particular order:

Comfort: The 4 captains chairs are very comfortable. I was able to adjust the driver's seat to my liking. I love that you can save the seat adjustment AND side view mirror adjustments in the two memory presets for each driver. My wife enjoyed playing with the passenger seat controls, especially the lumbar support. The kids had plenty of leg room and distance between them. Both gave a big thumbs up.

Dual headrest DVD: If you are considering this, DO IT. This was worth it, big time. Each kid can watch their own movie, which they did (or can watch the same movie on both screens). Easy to operate (my 8 year old needed no assistance from me). Separate A/V inputs for ipods, itouch, gaming systems for each screen are nice features. Each display is tilt adjustable. And, for me, no more blocking the rear view mirror just because the kids want to watch a movie. A+

Side view mirrors retract with a push of the button. Perfect for NYC street parking.

Bluetooth: In a word, excellent. Hands free calling is a breeze and very intuitive. Up to 5 phones can be paired. Easy to change the paired phone (just say "Change phone"). Once it's paired, it all handsfree except for the bluetooth button and end call button located right on the steering column. You don't have to take your cell phone out of your pocket or purse. Automatically turns down the audio system when you make or receive a call; and turns it back up when the call is finished. This is really well designed.

Handling: This car is a pleasure to drive. Very quiet and smooth ride. Solid acceleration. Great visibility. Mirrors are well designed. FUN. Does not ride like an SUV (that's a good thing, IMHO)

Advanced Remote start: I have this feature, so I have the 2 regular remote start fobs + a single Advanced remote Fob. All of them will start the car and perform every feature on the Fob including open the tail gate, nice. I haven't used the Advance Fob yet but be warned, it's really big. Almost too big for a pocket. We will see if the longer range and feedback are worth it. The standard remote start works great. Starts up easily. I am a skiier and being able to warm up my car without leaving the house is a convenience I will never do without again.

Navigation: Works well. I really like the XM radio and how well it's integrated in the NAV/ A/V console. I really love how many presets you can have (I am using 30) and that they work across bands (AM/FM/XM) seamlessly. One of my favorite features is complete control from the steering column, aside from bluetooth, you have favorite stations seek (forward and back) PLUS you can seek across a particular band and change bands, all on the column. Very nice. I'm not sold on XM Navtraffic, though. At least in my area (NYC), the data was not very reliable or useful.

The center console and dash has plenty of room for various items. There is a cup holder in each of the back doors for the kids (very important) and two in the front console by the shift lever. The middle arm rest can be adjusted back and forth, which is great for comfort and access to items underneath. GM really did a lot of the "little things" right.

That's all I can think of right now. This is just a really well thought out, well designed vehicle. Kudos to the GM engineering team.
Alan

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Glass 1/2 full said:
Copperhead, did the 2008 in your test drive have the May 8th flash. I drove a 2009 today and IMO
it drove very much like my 2008 which had the reflash.
Not sure about the flash. The difference is nothing to write home about.
When I first noticed it, I thought is was more psychological. But since someone
else seemed to notice, there probably is a slight difference. You would probably
be a better judge, as you drive the 2008. Give a 2009 a test drive, tell the
dealer you "may" ;) be interested in trading up to a 2009.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
am,
Have you used the voice control/tags for the nav system yet? I'm having an issue with mine not recognizing recorded voice tags, which themselves were difficult to record (had to cut off the motor).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts