GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well wanting to show yall my 2013 denali and where i have taken it so far but ive tried attaching pics and linking them from photobucket...says im not allowed to post links tried the url by itself and using the insert image tried all four links too soooo umm help!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
larryo587 said:
Well wanting to show yall my 2013 denali and where i have taken it so far but ive tried attaching pics and linking them from photobucket...says im not allowed to post links tried the url by itself and using the insert image tried all four links too soooo umm help!!
I think you need to make ten posts to insert images. I couldn't find anything in the help section.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So heres a list of mods.

•H&r lowering springs with new front struts.
•Debadged the back of car.
•24x10 koko kuture(giovanna) rims satin black with +30 offset.
•custom red painted calipers
•colormatched smoked taillights
•colormatched front headlights (darker on sides and top)
•colormatched all the front end trim pieces, grill, rear bumper pieces, piece over liscence plate, and side moldings.
•colormatched doorhandles
•wrapped roof rack and chrome window trim with satin black vinyl wrap.
•led fog lights
•colormatched/inferno red the front emblem

·
Registered
42 Posts
That looks sweet. I didn't really care for the stock denali grille but it looks great in black.

What did you use to darken the edges of the headlights?

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
looks good.
the tires may be a little too thin for me...
but for city driving-- its good.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Looks so low slung now! Nice job!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ray2005 said:
That looks sweet. I didn't really care for the stock denali grille but it looks great in black.

What did you use to darken the edges of the headlights?
Thanks everyone i think it cane out pretty dang good especially for painting 90% of it myself and it looking Profesional. All the lights were smoked with clear coat that i added some carbon black metallic too. The front i had to spray whole light then keep spraying sides with smoke and start spraying front with clear to get the fade look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks great, I wonder how the bushings, tie rods, etc.. will cope with the lowered suspension. I used to lower all of my cars, some took it well, others not so much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice ride!! Nice seeing others customize their acadia similar to mine; did you paint the realist portion of the exhaust or did you vinyl wrap it?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Sorry to be contrarian, but those tires and rims look awful to me. Makes what was originally a nice looking vehicle look more like some teenagers idea.

George

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
GeorgeC said:
Sorry to be contrarian, but those tires and rims look awful to me. Makes what was originally a nice looking vehicle look more like some teenagers idea.

George
Have to agree....surprised it doesn't have a fart muffler hanging out the back...but hey to each their own. Have also agree with a previous post. The front suspension on these vehicles is already under engineered. Lowering it plus the extra rolling mass of the larger wheels just makes it that much worse.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow, this is a friendly forum. It seems the mentality of a lot of members is that if it's different it's wrong. I can't believe the amount of negative feedback on this forum. If it's not your style just leave it at that or say nothing.

·
Super Moderator
19,787 Posts
There's nothing wrong with diversity of opinion. Some of the negative comments are actually quite funny!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Speleos said:
There's nothing wrong with diversity of opinion. Some of the negative comments are actually quite funny!
I agree. I find this to be a friendly forum but forums are not always the place to be if one's little feelings are easily hurt. Seems we have a country full of those these days. Welcome to generation snowflake.

I'm one of those you don't ask "does this dress make me look fat" if you aren't prepared for a truthful answer.

In this case I think over sized black wheels on a black vehicle looks stupid. I had no problem telling my son that when he did it to his TransAm and have no problem sharing that opinion with the OP. In the case of my son, after a couple of months he put the chrome wheels back on his car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts