GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying for weeks (ever since the topic came up on this blog) to find out from my dealer how dark the grey carpet is with the Titanium interior. He still has not gotten clarification from GM, but I learned today that my build date is August 6 ( I ordered on July 2). So, I told him to change the interior color to Ebony, but he's not sure if it is too late to make the change or not.

Does anyone know if this can still be done? I've told him I'm not taking the car with a light grey carpet. The only reason we ordered the Titanium in the first place was because we thought it had black carpet.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
It's too late.

I thas been through otherparts of the process where the collecr the info onthe data sheet and I guess inventory thoseparts.

If it was to change now you go tothe end of the line.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've been having the internal debate about the carpet thing. While I like the idea of black carpeting for stains, I do not like the black carpet up the back of the 2nd row seats. But, I would rather have a black "truck bed" when all seats are down than a light grey one. But, the black makes the interior so dark and grey would lighten it up. But grey is a notoriously hard color to clean. It is such a hard decision! But, I may searching inventory for an 07 just for that very reason instead of ordering. Hmmmm..........

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well....if I can't change the interior color, I'm going to be very disappointed. I contacted my dealer three weeks ago when I read about the color change on this forum, and because of the factory shut down (or so he says), he's been unable to get an answer as to how light grey the carpet is. He showed me an Envoy with grey interior, and the carpet was a darker grey. He feels confident that it is the same color carpet in the Acadia. However, all the pics on this forum look much lighter than the carpet he showed me.

I'll be disappointed if I have to reorder the car, but I can't have light grey carpet with three kids!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Would a set of all-weather mats help alleviate some of your concerns? You may want to get a set regardless of the carpet color, depending on how young your kids are and how much food, drink and other carnage you tolerate in your car!

I have a set of these aftermarket mats on order - someone else here recommended them in another thread and really likes them. I should have them this week and will let you know what I think.

http://www.autoupgrade.net/RubberTite_Mats_2_Front_1_2nd_1_3rd_1_cargo_p/50-llrub18-all2.htm

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, unfortunately (for you) your interior will be a very, very light grey. You should prepare yourself for that.
We got the Titanium for our Enclave but for the Enclave the color is technically Titanium (medium grey) with Dark Titanium (dark grey) accents. The leather and carpet is medium grey color. For the Acadia, the leather and carpet is called Light Titanium and is a much lighter grey.

There are lots of pics showing the titanium interior in the photos forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts