GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just received a call from my (GMC) dealer ;) and they just unloaded my new 2009 Acadia.

I asked what he thought of the new color and seats and he said that he thinks that the new Silver Green will be one of their best sellers and the perforated leather seats look incredible.

I am sooooooo excited to see "the Baby". Should be able to pick it up on Wednesday. :thumb:

Any parenting advice?

·
Registered
158 Posts
bseemore said:
Any parenting advice?
Take lots of pictures! They grow up so fast...

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Take lots of pictures and post them! :thumb: I don't think I've seen the Silver Green yet. Sounds pretty cool. Hopefully it's a sturdier color than the Red Jewel Tintcoat has turned out to be. If you look at my Acadia the wrong way, the color chips off. Okay that's obviously an exaggeration, but it does chip very very easily.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congrats! Post some pics.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congratulations. :thumb: :thumb: One question---how do you know what the truck is going to cost you, with no official GM pricing released yet??? ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great news! How exciting for you. I can't wait to see some pictures. This makes me very anxious for my baby to be delivered.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Yippee!!! Another brother (or sister) has arrived!! Keep us updated!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a call from my dealership and they said my 09 Acadia is being built next week and will be in the week after.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
That is great news!!! Amazing how fast they got it done and out. Does that mean that the dealers lots will start filling up with 2009's. That could be bad, may tempt me to trade up :-\

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Congratulations, welcome to the wonderful world of Acadia! :blob: :blob: :cheers:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as price goes, we agreed on $100 over invoice and thanks to this site I got some numbers from Cars.com and I also saw them on AAA.com as well.

Consumer Reports now has the price report available for the 2009 as well, but it is $14. When I ordered my 2008 (which I cancelled due to the strike) I did a CR price report and it matched to the penny to AAA.com and Edmunds, so I think that I should be ok with prices. Plus I know & trust my dealer, which is key.

My only thing may be to wait to take official delivery on August 1st on the outside and I mean outside chance that GM could float an incentive on the 1st, but I doubt they will.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Great news! Also post up on the performance of the cooled seats- this is our main reason for buying the 2009.

I know the dealers in this area would sell at least one more if they would make a deal like yours. Nobody can get pricing.

Us potential '09 buyers can hope for the best on August incentives.

Cars.com is still showing $2K owner loyalty through 9-30-08, but they never responded to my inquiry as to the source. Although there are incentives in place for the 2008, I couldn't find them on the cars.com website, so the $2K must be for the 2009s.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bad news............

Dealer just called to say it is ready to go. I went over the $$$s over the phone with him and we were off by $1K on MSRP and invoice. Turns out he ordered it with 19" wheels by mistake and we asked for 18" wheels.

So fellow forum folk, if he takes 18s off a new 2008 on his lot and puts them on my 2009 will I have issues? Does the vehicle's ride get "tuned" (I'm an accountant, not a mechanic ;)) in some way that 18s would affect the ride and performance?

:help:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
AHA! Bait & $witch... "oop$", we accidentally ordered a $1,000 item you didn't want.

While you can switch the wheels/tires, they more than likely will not do so, since the option sticker inside the vehicle would then be wrong on both. I really doubt you would have any drivetrain issues such as road speed indicated since they are probably the same outside diameter. I will check the specs & update.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't want to go there (B&S) with him. Honest mistake - I think. At least he did offer to switch out the tires.

Anyway, I knew that you would get all over this Blue.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
AWD SLT2 19" tire size= P255/60R19

AWD SLT2 18" tire size= P255/65SR18

The tire size calculator says they are the same revs/mile so this would not affect any speed-sensing devices. The diameter of the 18 is 31.1", the 19 is 31.0". You will see this much variation between brands of tires. The sidewall is 1/2" shorter on the 19" ones. We discussed these in a related thread here if you want to read up on this & try to cut a deal to keep them.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
bseemore said:
...Anyway, I knew that you would get all over this Blue.
Tell them they're lucky another Chicagoan named Joe Fontana isn't around. :)

Yes, everyone makes mistakes, but they also have to be accountable for their actions. I hate to see someone else's mistake laid off on your wallet.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
bseemore said:
Bad news............

Dealer just called to say it is ready to go. I went over the $$$s over the phone with him and we were off by $1K on MSRP and invoice. Turns out he ordered it with 19" wheels by mistake and we asked for 18" wheels.

So fellow forum folk, if he takes 18s off a new 2008 on his lot and puts them on my 2009 will I have issues? Does the vehicle's ride get "tuned" (I'm an accountant, not a mechanic ;)) in some way that 18s would affect the ride and performance?

:help:
On another thread someone mentioned that the 19's have a harder hit then the 18's. Meaning you feel more of the road with the 19's, and get a smoother ride from the 18's. He had the 18's on his, and had a rental with 19's so he had first hand experience.
I would switch to the 18's keep your money. If you decide you want different wheels later buy them elsewhere. Keep your money now!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts