GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a guest for a few months and wanted to thank you for all the help. Between your website and my own research, I ordered my Acadia in mid-January. Was told it was built 2/4 and didn't get it until 3/16. I've had it a little over a month and it is currently in the service dept. of the dealer.

Celebrated my birthday last week and met my sister for dinner (with my kids in tow). Drove, parked, ate and everything was great. Go to leave the restaurant and the key wouldn't even turn in the ignition. Played with it forever (15 minutes) called Roadside Assistance (what a joke) and ended up getting it towed to the dealership. Not terrible in that I called at 8:00 and the tow truck was there at 9:10 pm. Bummer was I had the kids (10 and 6) who had not yet done homework or had showers! We got home at 10. Happy Birthday to me!

It's been there for 4 days. They want to replace the lock cylinder and have had trouble locating the part. Latest is that it should be in on Monday. My husband laughed as they (GM) provided me with a rental car and the rental agency delivered an '07 Dodge Charger for me to drive. He couldn't believe it wasn't at least another GM vehicle. I laugh because instead of my beautiful white Acadia (SLT-2, Titanium leather, Nav/DVD, 8-passenger) I'm driving an ugly, beastly navy blue Batmobile!

·
Registered
405 Posts
i am sorry to here all your trouble but THE DODGE CHARGER RULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
AcadiaMom said:
I have been a guest for a few months and wanted to thank you for all the help. Between your website and my own research, I ordered my Acadia in mid-January. Was told it was built 2/4 and didn't get it until 3/16. I've had it a little over a month and it is currently in the service dept. of the dealer.

Celebrated my birthday last week and met my sister for dinner (with my kids in tow). Drove, parked, ate and everything was great. Go to leave the restaurant and the key wouldn't even turn in the ignition. Played with it forever (15 minutes) called Roadside Assistance (what a joke) and ended up getting it towed to the dealership. Not terrible in that I called at 8:00 and the tow truck was there at 9:10 pm. Bummer was I had the kids (10 and 6) who had not yet done homework or had showers! We got home at 10. Happy Birthday to me!

It's been there for 4 days. They want to replace the lock cylinder and have had trouble locating the part. Latest is that it should be in on Monday. My husband laughed as they (GM) provided me with a rental car and the rental agency delivered an '07 Dodge Charger for me to drive. He couldn't believe it wasn't at least another GM vehicle. I laugh because instead of my beautiful white Acadia (SLT-2, Titanium leather, Nav/DVD, 8-passenger) I'm driving an ugly, beastly navy blue Batmobile!
What a horrible birthday! What was wrong with you roadside assistance?

Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
AcadiaMom - OMG, sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, you may hold the record on here for the longest in the shop, Hopefully they'll get you fixed up soon and it will be the last problem you have with it! So do they know what caused the issue?

I'm also extremely sorry about your rental. I have to disagree with rolling thunder big time here. That thing is a hideous hunk of metal! I think I'd have to carpool or take a cab to work if they gave me a charger to rent. Most Mopar fans can't be happy about THAT having the charger name on it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
admin said:
AcadiaMom - OMG, sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, you may hold the record on here for the longest in the shop, Hopefully they'll get you fixed up soon and it will be the last problem you have with it! So do they know what caused the issue?

I'm also extremely sorry about your rental. I have to disagree with rolling thunder big time here. That thing is a hideous hunk of metal! I think I'd have to carpool or take a cab to work if they gave me a charger to rent. Most Mopar fans can't be happy about THAT having the charger name on it.
now the 07 dodge charger is no 1969 dodge charger but it is still alot better than some other cars they have out. But i am a mopar fan and the hemi is the only reason i would even look at a dodge because i am a chevy fan at heart. the new chargers are cool, but my favorite is the 1969 dodge charger r/t Painted just like THE GENERAL LEE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my Acadia back today and am SOOO HAPPY ;D

They don't really know why the key wouldn't turn. The service dept said they replaced the lock cylinder because they "had to do something." It's worked fine all day, so I guess I'm ok with it.

As for the Roadside Assistance, I was annoyed that I spent 15 minutes going over my problem and giving him information (car/personal) and waiting for him to tell me he didn't know what was wrong - "would you like roadside assistance?" I'm like "Who have I been talking to?" I guess you're first connected with a GM Customer Service rep. (mine was a brick wall) then they patch you through to Roadside Assistance. I just hate having to repeat myself. It was nice that Roadside Assistance provided automated updates throughout the ordeal. First, "Towing service should be there in 1 hour", 2nd and 3rd were something like they should be there, your service should be completed, etc. They prompted you to punch numbers if you were satisfied or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts