GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acadia looks like the CRV's big brother...I like the CRV however...not over my Acadia, but it's sharp. :thumb:

Ps - Putting my wife to work after having to have another new car payment...snow almost melted!

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
for me the Acadia was supposed to be the direction the Pilot should have headed in terms of design and versatility, too bad GMC beat Honda on this one. Add some projector headlights on your wifes CRV and surely its the Acadia's little brother!!!! ;D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, the Pilot didn't appeal to me...too boxy looking.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love the CRV. If it weren't for having 3 kids and 2 dogs, I probably would have considered one myself. Pilot looks pretty boring.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Keep us posted on your likes/dislikes of the CRV, a co-worker of mine is looking for something along the lines of a CRV for his next vehicle. He'd like a GM product but the Equinox is terrible in the winter months.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Loving my new CR-V. Great gas mileage and peppy engine. Easy to drive, park, and see out the back window. Plenty of space for a family of 4 with older kids (mine are 4 & 7). I do miss some of the "luxury" items on the Acadia and the kids miss the DVD player, but I'm saving $150/mo on payment alone and have greatly reduced my gas costs (especially since gas in OR is over $3.60/gal now.) My insurance on a 2008 CR-V is just about the same as my 2007 Acadia. I still like to read the Acadia forum. The CR-V forums I have visited pretty much suck!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cravenfan said:
So far, we love it also...I belong to two CRV forums (not to hijack this forum) so here they are:

http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t=33141

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/f6/

The only things I can find wrong so far - No change holder, no lights on vanity mirrors, minor stuff like that. My wife loves it and if she's happy, I'm happy!
I was told by my Honda dealer that they saved that kind of stuff for the Acura's. I've been to both of those forums but they are not as good as this one.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I totally agree that this is a great forum. It is the best one I have ever been on!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agreed, this one is way more organized! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I also agree that the CRV is a really nice looking vehicle. I saw one tonight coming home and was impressed. I considered it as a replacement for my wife's car but she says it is too big for her. I look forward to seeing the new GMC Terrain but that will probably be too big too. The problem I have is that my wife likes the smaller SUVs and it seems like they are becoming a thing of the past. She wants to sit up high and have AWD, but also wants it to be a small car. And keeping the wife happy is a very important thing to me. ;D

She had a 1993 Geo Tracker 2 door 4WD that was really small and to date this was her favorite car. She reluctantly replaced it at 153,000 miles with her 2002 Chevy Tracker ZR2 4 door 4WD. However, she hated the fact that it was "so big". Now it seems that everything is getting bigger yet. We just cant seem to find a tiny SUV/CUV and are hoping that the tighter mpg requirements drives some "mini" CUV/SUVs soon. It may be that she drives her current Tracker for many more years.

Anyone know of any "tiny" SUVs/CUVs in the works??

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found the Saturn Vue and the Chevy Equinox to be rather small SUVs.  I had the exact same problem with my wife and she was actually quite comfortable in them..  then again she has no qualms with the Acadia either.  Another SUV that I found to be extremely small (dare I say it on a GM forum :sosad: ) was the Ford Escape. 

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Thanks for the feedback!!

I agree with you that the Equinox is a small SUV. This is the same as the Pontiac Torrent which is being phased out and being replaced by the GMC Terrain. My guess is that will be the replacement.

The Ford Escape is also a small SUV in my opinion. Friends of ours got one and after going out to eat with them I asked my wife about perhaps getting one and she complained that for her it would be "too honkin' big".

The Escape is 174.7 in. long. That's over 1 full foot longer than her current car the 2002 Tracker which is 151.8 in. long. And that was big compared to the 1993 Tracker which was only 142.5 in. long. She wants to get back to her old tracker size which is just about 4 feet shorter than the current Equinox/Torrent which is 188.8 in. long. I can understand why she thinks the Equinox/Torrent is "big" I think the Acadia is big and it is 200.7 in. long. That's only 1 ft longer than the Equinox/Torrent.

She wants a "mini" SUV.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_SUV

But unless something comes out in the next 4 years or so, she may have to settle for a "compact" SUV.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_SUV

Or maybe I can talk her into wanting a Pontiac Solstice. :) She would not sit up high, but it would be small.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mini Cooper :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the forum! It's good to know we're doing something right around here ;)
Cravenfan said:
Agreed, this one is way more organized! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Hunt said:
Mini Cooper :thumb:
Better yet, the Mini Clubman. :thumb:

·
Registered
812 Posts
You wont go wrong if you pick the CRV (most fuel effecient samll SUV that i know of) GAR, which for me is smaller than the Equinox.... it also has lots of space for its size and the only one wherein the rear doors open a full 90degress for ease of access. The Nissan Rogue seems a bit smaller than the CRV but way better than any compact SUV from Chevy.... or she can check out the Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix... :thumb: hats off with the Mini Clubman though!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
SioXie said:
You wont go wrong if you pick the CRV (most fuel effecient samll SUV that i know of) GAR, which for me is smaller than the Equinox.... it also has lots of space for its size and the only one wherein the rear doors open a full 90degress for ease of access. The Nissan Rogue seems a bit smaller than the CRV but way better than any compact SUV from Chevy.... or she can check out the Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix... :thumb: hats off with the Mini Clubman though!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
SioXie said:
I agree that she would love the CRV. I would really like to get a car at my current dealer as I have now had 6 cars maintained in their service department for over 140,000 miles each. I get the same tech working on all of my cars for everything including oil changes etc. That relationship is really nice and works well for me. So I will probably pick the GMC Terrain when it comes out over the CRV just because the dealer I use will have it. But if I really hate it I might need to venture off to the CRV. (which I really like)

I personally have a 2004 Vibe and LOVE this car for a commuter vehicle. I get 30 mpg driving back and forth to work and can haul 8 ft 2x4s with the hatch shut!! This is the greatest commuter vehicle I have ever had. I now have 42,000 miles on it and have changed oil and put brake pads on. Other than that, it has been error free. For my wife, the Vibe sits too low and is a bit too much station wagon for her.

The good news is that she will have 4-5 more years with the 2002 Chevy Tracker. It has 63,000 miles on it now and based on Consumer Reports and JD Power, that year tracker gets top ratings on reliability and repair. In that 63,000 miles I had one ignition coil go out during warranty, but other than that, it has been a flawless car. So my hope is that the legislation driving mpg down will prompt some new "mini" SUV models that may be available in roughly 5 years from now.

·
Registered
812 Posts
just check out the Terrain GAR, the same architecture of the 08 Vue which i forgot to mention can give the CRV a run for its money eventhough its a Saturn due to its European ergonomics...... i think its worth the wait. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts