GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2009 GMC Acadia. This is what happened when my vehicle died and has not started again since. I got in my vehicle after I had went to the dollar store and I pulled up to my house. I turned the key completely off and got out. A few minutes later, I get into it, turned the key, it cranks, I put it in reverse, backed up, came to a complete stop and put it in drive. When I started to accelerate, it sputtered (as if it was running out of gas), then it died (no it's not out of gas!) and when I tried to crank it again, the lights on the dash came on, the check engine light (which has been on because of a O2 sensor and timing chain code) flashed very fast but it didn't even try to crank or start. It did nothing!! No noise no nothing! A few days later, my husband bought a OBD scanner and it showed it couldn't communicate with my vehicle and then later showed zero codes. Is this because of the timing chains or something else? Any help is appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Hard to say. If you are driving around with the CEL on, other codes could have been triggered but you would not know.

Not a great idea to ignore timing chain error codes....unless you are looking to get a new vehicle or new engine.

Your issue could be any number of things....wiring issue, failed fuel pump, etc.

Might need a different OBD diagnostic tool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard to say. If you are driving around with the CEL on, other codes could have been triggered but you would not know.

Not a great idea to ignore timing chain error codes....unless you are looking to get a new vehicle or new engine.

Your issue could be any number of things....wiring issue, failed fuel pump, etc.

Might need a different OBD diagnostic tool.
Thank you! We just had a new battery( a month ago) and fuel pump(a few months ago) put on it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you were driving around with a timing chain code (how was the vehicle performance during this time?), and ignored it, you could potentially be looking at a seized engine.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Indeed. Any check engine light is a warning not to be ignored.

Along with the Timing Chain code and hate to say it, but the engine may now be dead because it was ignored and got ruined.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.