GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at someone's house today in the Acadia. I left the truck running while I jumped out and ran down. Then I jumped back in, rolled down the window and sat there for a few minutes while we shot the sh...chatted. We had been talking for about five minutes when suddenly I heard a "ding ding" and the doors locked! Then I looked at the dash and the speedo was jumping randomly in between 0 and about 10mph. After jumping for about 20 seconds everything was back to normal, and I put it in D and proceeded to drive home w/out any problems.

Anyone experience this or have any idea what could have caused this? I don't think my insurance will reimburse me for an exorcist!

·
Registered
264 Posts
i have not seen it ,but maybe it was telling you it wanted to goooo! :blob:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I remember reading about a similar issue a while back but can't find the exact thread. Here's one that may be a little similar but when you get a chance try using the search feature of this forum to find what I remember to be a very similar issue.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I've had my doors do that! Is it not supposed to happen? The dash didn't go crazy, but I was talking to a friend and ding ding, locked doors. I just kinda thought, "good thing I'm on the inside". I haven't thought about it until now. If you find out anything, please post!

·
Registered
28 Posts
read the manual, ours has done something similar, can't remember the circumstances, but its in your manual somewhere I believe.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I know if you have the DIC Automatic Door Lock set to the speed setting, the doors automailically lock at 10 MPH, you said your speedo jumped fomr 0 to 10 so maybe that is what triggered you door lock. But why did the speedo jump top 10 while you are at a stand still in park??? Spooky, do you have 666 in your VIN number >:D ;D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha, no, I don't have 666 in the vin number, but your explanation makes sense. I was also wondering if it wasn't part of the OnStar diagnostics that just so happened to be running while I was talking.

I'll post back if I figure it out.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Boudreaux said:
Ha, no, I don't have 666 in the vin number, but your explanation makes sense. I was also wondering if it wasn't part of the OnStar diagnostics that just so happened to be running while I was talking.

I'll post back if I figure it out.
i dont think that onstar had really any thing to do with this, i have had my yukon xl for about 9 months and that has never happend to me even when i did a diagnostics.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep, had a similar experience. Was gonna keep it quiet that I had Onstar'd for a lockout in the first 8 hours of ownership [is that a record?].

Brought it back from the dealer & had it backed in the center garage slot & just admiring it & lovin' on it; knew both sets of keys were on the console. Opened passenger door for no particular reason [gawking], then closed it. Step back, admire. Ding, ding, click. I knew I was screwed. Onstar info securely inside too. So decided to try 1-800-ONSTARR & like magic, they answered.
Hello, Dude? My name is Jim & I'm a lockout...

As an aside, a keymaker can make you a key off your ignition key that will open the doors. Obviously it won't start it, but it will get you in. Good for your wallet, purse, or duct taping somewhere on the undercarriage. I did this with my 4Runner.

·
Registered
159 Posts
AAAHHH, so that would explain why last weekend, we went out to eat. Our 3 year old fell asleep on the way, so I volunteered to stay with her in the car with her for a few more minutes while the others went on inside the restaurant. I was sitting there, and "click", all the doors locked us in!!!! And, the remote and the keys were sitting in front of me and my husband didn't do it remotely, because he left the keys with ME!! Again, glad I was on the inside.

Better check the settings on the DIC, from what MCCAB is saying, but I thought I had everything set via the manual!!! Maybe the cars are locking, regardless of how we have it set up????

·
Registered
395 Posts
extex said:
As an aside, a keymaker can make you a key off your ignition key that will open the doors. Obviously it won't start it, but it will get you in. Good for your wallet, purse, or duct taping somewhere on the undercarriage. I did this with my 4Runner.
I thought so too, but the few places I tried did not have the blank. It is not the standard GM key.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i love the title of this thread!!!! ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts