GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the call from the dealer that my Acadia has arrived!!! :blob: :blob: :blob: He said they are washing and detailing it and it will be ready for pick up tomorrow at noon. So, is there anything I should know before I go? Any questions I should ask? Any features I should have them double check or teach me about? Thanks for any tips!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Mom....pay attention to all the items that pertain to driving your new Acadia. Don't spend a lot of thought on the "candy". (radio..garage door controls...video..nav...etc) You can always check and familarize yourself with those AFTER you make your way thru the San Diego traffic. ;D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Make sure they go over everything (controls, ect.) with you and look the vehicle over very carefully for dings, scratches, or defects. Other than that enjoy the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tell them NOT to wash and try to wax it. They did that to my friend, and unfortunately, put all kinds of swirls in his paint. When I ordered mine, I told them not to touch the darn thing. We both have the Red Tintcoat and when we put ours side by side you can see the difference. Its not that his is that bad, but when you pay that much for a vehicle, you want it right.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Raistmaj said:
Tell them NOT to wash and try to wax it. They did that to my friend, and unfortunately, put all kinds of swirls in his paint. When I ordered mine, I told them not to touch the darn thing. We both have the Red Tintcoat and when we put ours side by side you can see the difference. Its not that his is that bad, but when you pay that much for a vehicle, you want it right.
Anybody else have this experience? This is good to know if it's a common or widespread problem.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats and enjoy your ride as we enjoy ours!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Another vote for note letting them touch the thing and do wax / wash in your garage at home, or professionally.

Check everything. Start it up and make sure AC blows cold, and heater blows hot. Check every option; DVD, satellite, etc. Check all power windows.

More importantly, check the fit / finish of the paint and panels. Damage done in transit under $2500 is not required to be reported, and often fixed in the back shop before you take delivery. Look the vehicle over for raildust from being transported; it gets embedded in the paint and requires a clay bar to remove.

More often than not, instead of doing a proper PDI (pre-delivery inspection) that you paid for as an inclusive item in the price of the vehicle, most dealerships barely make sure to take the plastic off the seats and drop the accessories (headsets, remotes, etc) somewhere in the interior.

Most people forget that they are buying the second-most, if not first-most expensive item in their family (next to a house). Would you buy a house without checking to make sure the foundation isn't cracked? Or one that still had fresh paint hiding something?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
toasteroven said:
Check everything. Start it up and make sure AC blows cold, and heater blows hot. Check every option; DVD, satellite, etc. Check all power windows.
Umm, why? There is a 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty you know.

·
Registered
164 Posts
loach said:
toasteroven said:
It's always a good idea to check everything regardless of the warranty. Plus it offers the buyer a chance to "learn" the vehicle and report any problems right away.
A scratch on the exterior or interior (DVD, NAV screens, panels, seats, etc) cannot be argued against if pointed out before accepting the vehicle.

Good luck with your new vehicle.

·
Registered
275 Posts
loach said:
toasteroven said:
As scotted73 pointed out, warranty covers defects, and not scratches / dents / other stuff you notice after you bring it home. Personally, I'd prefer to find out something doesn't work right before bringing it all the way home, then all the way back to the dealership.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will ad another vote on not letting them wash or wax the vehicle. They never do it right and always leave swirls, scratches, and/or wax on the paint. Furthermore, I am a firm believer in only washing, drying and removing wax with microfiber cloth only! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
toasteroven said:
loach said:
toasteroven said:
As scotted73 pointed out, warranty covers defects, and not scratches / dents / other stuff you notice after you bring it home. Personally, I'd prefer to find out something doesn't work right before bringing it all the way home, then all the way back to the dealership.
Yeah I wasn't talking about scratches, dents etc. I was talking about the recommendation to test every button/feature in the car. You must live farther from a dealer than I do. To each his own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts