GMC Acadia Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
Mine has 5 tires ;D
That's tired Copperhead! You call that mutant thing under the back end a TIRE?!?!?! :tard:

speleos said:
Copperhead13 said:
Mine has 5 tires ;D
That's tired Copperhead! You call that mutant thing under the back end a TIRE?!?!?! :tard:
It's a criminal spare ;D; meaning it should be a crime for any vehicle let alone a 40K plus vehicle to have one

Web Raven said:
After spending nearly 2 hours at the dealership today and spending $163.00, I now have new wipers and a new headlight installed. And they did the wiper recall while they were at it.

Holy F%#@ that's a lot of money. The blades were $25.50 each, they didn't charge me labor to put them on. It was the friggin' installation of the headlight that killed me. The bulb was a whopping $16.71, the labor was $84.41. I was told that the technician was still bitching about having to change that headlight after I got my Acadia back. hehe I'm glad that I didn't have to do it myself because it's cold, wet and crappy outside, but I still feel like I go raked over the coals on that one. *sigh*

All my dear boyfriend could say was "this is why I don't drive new fancy pants cars" ::)

Glad I don't have HIDs. The price in their computer for those was over $450 for one friggin' light!
For $110 and 2 hours+travel time, I'd rather spend 3 hours tearing off the tires on my drive way.
Was that $16.71 for both bulbs?

This is one of the reasons I keep my DRLs off most of the time (I am glad GM gives us the option to turn them off - they didn't before). For such a pain to change a headlight bulb, I want mine to last as long as possible. This design issue is really one of the biggest dissapointments on an otherwise fine vehicle. On our old Montana, the headlight bulb change took about 2 minutes. I am not sure why GM made it so hard on this vehicle (other than to force many to pay to have it done).

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Copperhead13 said:
For $110 and 2 hours+travel time, I'd rather spend 3 hours tearing off the tires on my drive way.
Was that $16.71 for both bulbs?
It was a cruddy rainy day and cold. And I don't have the means to start removing tires in my driveway that slopes down toward the street, even if the weather was nice. In the future, I will be more prepared. I have a plan. :) I'm not silly enough to pay that kind of money twice. Only once apparently. LOL

Anyway... the $16.71 was just for one bulb. The travel time is nil, the dealer is literally across the street. And the 2 hours was kind of annoying, but that also included them doing the wiper recall while I was there. I could have chose to walk home, which would have taken a couple minutes, or ask them for a ride which they've done before... but my son was having a good time drooling over the G8, eating their cookies, drinking their coffee and watching TV. ;D

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.