GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I clicked the remote to unlock my Acadia as I was entering the parking garage after work, I noticed only the driver's side headlight was lit. :-[ I started it up and double-checked, sure enough, one headlight is out. *sigh* 45,500 miles and already have a headlight out. Is that normal?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
HID's or not? That seems a little early to me no matter what kind of lights you're running. Now you have to take a wheel off, pull out the wheel well cover and then change the light. Seems like a good time to take some action photos of one of our most prestige mods in action

Go Raven, go Raven it's your birfday (not really ;D)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not HIDs.

But are you friggin' kidding me? I have to remove a wheel and the wheel well cover to change a friggin' headlight?!?

:eek:hno:

It's way to cold outside to be effin' around with a headlight change if that's what it takes. I'm "working from home" tomorrow, maybe I'll swing it by the dealership and see if they can take care of it for me.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I have had headlights go out that early before on previous vehicles... There must be another way to get to the headlights. I am just waiting for it to warm up and see if I can find another way. If and when I do it, I will probably HID upgrade while I am at it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I think someone was able to do it by cutting the wheel
all the way to expose the wheel well cover. I just can't find the thread.

·
Registered
79 Posts
HID or normal lights... Will this be on the options list or are they std in 09s? I have noticed that the speed limit signs (when I actualy pay attention to them :p) are blue in my lights, are these HID?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Sandhopper said:
HID or normal lights... Will this be on the options list or are they std in 09s? I have noticed that the speed limit signs (when I actualy pay attention to them :p) are blue in my lights, are these HID?
I don't have HID's and I have the same blue effects at times.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are HIDs worth the upgrade? Sorry Web, seemed liek a good time for me to ask these silly questions...

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Autozone does not carry the headlights for my Acadia. *sigh*

And after inspecting under the hood, yes, it would appear that the access point for the headlights is through the wheel well cover. Yay.

I'm thinking, since I am going to be home tomorrow, I will just swing by the dealership, bat my eyelashes and ask them to pretty please change my headlights for me. :)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Sandhopper said:
Are HIDs worth the upgrade? Sorry Web, seemed liek a good time for me to ask these silly questions...
If you buy them through the Xenon area of the forum I think they are running about 200 for everything; there is a great photo pictorial that shows step by step what needs to happen. If I get a wild hair I may buy the kit and install them; Blue installed them on one of his cars and they look great. Here is the link to the pics

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/GMC_Acadia_H11_5000k_Low_beam_HID_Upgrade_s/147.htm

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Web Raven said:

And after inspecting under the hood, yes, it would appear that the access point for the headlights is through the wheel well cover. Yay.

I'm thinking, since I am going to be home tomorrow, I will just swing by the dealership, bat my eyelashes and ask them to pretty please change my headlights for me. :)
You shouldn't have to resort to flirting; tell them you are the Web Raven and they should :notworthy: and grant your every wish ;D

·
Registered
79 Posts
jsimms said:
Sandhopper said:
If you buy them through the Xenon area of the forum I think they are running about 200 for everything; there is a great photo pictorial that shows step by step what needs to happen. If I get a wild hair I may buy the kit and install them; Blue installed them on one of his cars and they look great. Here is the link to the pics

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/GMC_Acadia_H11_5000k_Low_beam_HID_Upgrade_s/147.htm
Thanks, Maybe I will try that conversion... Doesn't look that involved.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
If it wouldn't be too much trouble; maybe you could document your work in progress kinda like a photo journal for all to see

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good Idea... Need to make sure our dead battery is not some thing more serious before I start fiddling with the lights... Otherwise my dealer may balk and tell me this issue is because I added HID lights.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jsimms said:
Web Raven said:

You shouldn't have to resort to flirting; tell them you are the Web Raven and they should :notworthy: and grant your every wish ;D
I wasn't going for "flirting" as much as "i'm helpless, please help me." LOL Maybe I'll have them take care of that wiper recall while I'm there. And I could use some new wipers. Those seem to be a real beotch to find as well.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Web Raven said:
jsimms said:
Web Raven said:

I wasn't going for "flirting" as much as "i'm helpless, please help me." LOL Maybe I'll have them take care of that wiper recall while I'm there. And I could use some new wipers. Those seem to be a real beotch to find as well.
I bought a set of wiper blades at Checker Auto Parts; they ran about $40 or so for the two front one's; I haven't replaced the rear window yet

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Web Raven said:
jsimms said:
Web Raven said:

they may have to order the parts for the wiper recall. Hopefully they have them, but they may not.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Refresh my memory; for this recall they replace the arms or the motor?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
jsimms said:
none of those, just a bolt and linkage arm I think.

from this thread
CUSTOMER ADVISORY COVERAGE
Customers whose vehicles are registered in other states can choose to have the wiper crank arm, driver-side link, and crank arm nut replaced if they expect to drive in heavy snow and ice conditions. If the customer requests this service, dealers are to provide it without charge according to the bulletin

·
Registered
423 Posts
bonk1313 said:
jsimms said:
none of those, just a bolt and linkage arm I think.

from this thread
CUSTOMER ADVISORY COVERAGE
Customers whose vehicles are registered in other states can choose to have the wiper crank arm, driver-side link, and crank arm nut replaced if they expect to drive in heavy snow and ice conditions. If the customer requests this service, dealers are to provide it without charge according to the bulletin
totally true, i had fixed our myself until the holidays were done, then the dealer re-did it. i asked for a new motor and got it for my inconvience, and a job offer ;D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts