GMC Acadia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer called last night and my Acadia is in. Wish I could be excited about it but the wife informed me a couple of weeks ago that she no longer cares to have the bench seating, which is how we ordered it.... major buzz kill. :( So it looks like we'll be letting the dealer sell this one and we'll be re-ordering one with captains. We are going to go by and see it though because I can't wait to see that Silver Green Metallic. Who knows, maybe after the wife sees it, she'll love it just as it is and we'll come home with it. :eek:hno:

If I have enough time, I may go ahead and test drive it to feel out the new engine and try out the cooled seats. If the seating arrangement is the wife's potential source of buyer's remorse, then I would say the cooled seating is mine. When I found out through a GM insider that had access to the Chevy Traverse that the cooled seats did not come on with remote start I was very discouraged about that option. So unless I find out that there is some mode of always leaving them on so that they come on with the car being started, I may skip them when we re-order. I also want to make sure they don't look too ugly.

Regardless of whether we get this one or not, we're bringing a camera and will post pics of the Silver Green Metallic ASAP. And perhaps some pics of the bluetooth button on the steering wheel and and of the perf leather, if we test drive it.

Here's how I would re-order, probably:

FWD SLT-2
Silver Green Metallic
Titanium
2-2-3 seating
NAV
Rear Overhead DVD
Trailering
Technology Pkg (HUD + Cargo Audio)
2-way advanced Remote Start FOB

The main differences being the change to captains in the 2nd row and the deletion of the cooled seats. Also, because this forum rocks, I found out you can order the 2-way FOB from the factory and its cheaper than adding it on later (no dealer labor costs added on). After reading bseemore's write-up of the 19" wheels being different on the 09 Acadia and looking freakin awesome, I've been pretty tempted to change that too.

Decision, decisions.

Over all, I don't feel too bad about the re-order. Don't get me wrong it woulda been really cool to be on the first to get an 09, but at then end of the day I definitely don't want either of us to have buyer's remorse right off the bat for a purchase this expensive. I've waited about 18 months to get in the position to buy an Acadia.......another month or two won't hurt.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Shame you didn't order deep blue/ebony. I could probably work something out, unless it was Ernie Guzman GMC.

·
Registered
195 Posts
JonTon - I was told by my dealer that the seats come on with the remote starter if you have them on when you exit your vehicle. I just ran outside and tested that feature and it did not work :angryfire:. I think you'll like the cooled seats regardless of this feature as I have already feel in love with them. And the perf. leather style is a nice look.

As for the Silver Green - already getting tons of looks and nods from others on the road and my neighbors love it. Everyone seems to love it. Best way to describe it is that it is kind of like a teal green with a very nice metallic flake/sparkle to it. Not too trendy in my opinion and should hold its own for years to come.

And the 19's are sweet. Better than the 18's or the 2008 19's IMO.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info........I'm jonesing to see pics of your new ride!!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
bseemore said:
JonTon -

How would you describe the diff. between the '08 and '09 19" wheels? Are they chromed? Same finish as the 08's w/ diff. style?

Thx,

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Smooth said:
bseemore said:
JonTon -

How would you describe the diff. between the '08 and '09 19" wheels? Are they chromed? Same finish as the 08's w/ diff. style?

Thx,

Smooth <><[/color]
He is off to the show, but here is how he described them in this thread:

We just got back from our test drive of the 2009 w/19's and I have to say - it was sweeeeeeeettttttttt!!!!!! The rims for the 2009 are different (and IMO) in a good way. Besides the ~$1k uptick in the cost of 19's, my wife and I did NOT like the "double rivets" that circle the outer edge of the 2008 19's. The 2009 has beautiful, but not too flashy, rims.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pictures of the Silver Green Metallic Acadia that came in, as promised. Pictures don't completely do it justice. This color is amazing in person!

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For you geeks out there, I did take a close up of the new button on the steering wheel audio controls, which is new for the bluetooth control. I didn't get a picture of the perf leather unfortunately, but I agree with bseemore, it actually looks very good. I was in a rush and so just peered through the windows to see the inside stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I take it that it looks more green in person? It's hard to distinguish it from the blue-gold in those full-sun pics.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
loach said:
I take it that it looks more green in person? It's hard to distinguish it from the blue-gold in those full-sun pics.
Correct.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Beautiful Pics of the new color. makes me wonder if I should wait to see it in person . . . .

which dealer in Houston are you working with and what was the rough timing from order to delivery? also, are they giving you an estimate of the new one you are ordering?

I have one on order that was initially from the dealer allocation and I was told "in process" by GMC, but then late this past week I received an email from them that they actually placed it as a separate personal order, stating it would be faster. I have an order number but no build or delivery dates yet. :banghead:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I saw that color last week in a Wendey's parking lot, I thought "I wonder what color that is"....guess i have already seen an 09 and didn't even know it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wanted to extend a "qualified" congrats, Jonton. :thumb: I guess it sort of depends on if you keep this one or order the new one. ;D

At any rate, I wish someone had informed me that the new 19" rims would be designed different than the ones for 2008. The rivets put me off from going with the 19" rims (believing that they would continue into the 2009 option offerings). It was also the ride comfort issue between the 18" and 19" wheels. Hopefully, there will a positive difference between the two wheels (in favor of the 18" wheels that I actually ordered). :-[ :-\ I admit to sort of depending upon my fellow forum members who posted their impressions about ride comparison, seeming to indicate that the 18" offered a more cushioned ride than the 19" (I'm just going to have to live with it either way). ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not to hi-jack the discussion, but see my pic under the "My baby has just been delivered" topic.

The SGM is a real nice color and nothing like B/G.

Sorry I don't know how to link that here. Stiil learning these things.

·
Registered
468 Posts
They look like pieces of tape to me. ???

·
Registered
29 Posts
SFmail, those are protective sheets - the dealer will peel them off before the customer recieves his Acadia. Same with the rubber door block that you see on the driver door, they're removed. Used to protect hitting other cars on the dealer's lot.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Women tell me I have a hot ***. I thought they meant looks. I guess its just my 07 without cooled seats :angel:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.