GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

yesterday went out to go for a ride and noticed a nice rusted hole is starting to form in my left side muffler.
i have seen in other treads people compaining about rusted exaust system, is this covered by warranty on 08 acadia with 20 000 miles?

must say i am somewhat dissapointed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is covered take it to the dealership. Speaking of rust just noticed some in mine I folded down the third rown the silver pieces that hold that row into place have started to rust. Just bought her last Tuesday. Yes you are covered under the 3year/36,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed that too on mine, i don't know if they would do anything about that.

·
Registered
912 Posts
3rd Timer said:
You'd think at these prices they'd be stainless.
I know the muffler on my 98 Malibu was stainless it just needed to be replaced last winter at 10 years old.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I'm curious if this is a location relevant issue (none of those mentioning it have a location specified), another reason why it is always nice to see this info in your profile! Click on the Blues Clues link in my signature to find out how to do so.

If this is taking place in the SW/Arizona, there is a major problem! Bad enough some interior parts are rusting, unless the vehicle sat for a long time before delivery.

·
Registered
395 Posts
They are stainless mufflers. I have some discoloration on mine too. About a year ago, I had a job at a test lab and we checked the material with a PMI tester. I don't remember the series of stainless it came up with (it's in a post from a year or so ago) but it's definitely stainless.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If this is the case and just discoloration. Is there a remedy to clean it off. May sound petty but I have some that shows really clear on the back of the muffler by the tailpipe. Just curious

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Rust or discoloration..... .
Easily Identified sometimes

:worthless:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
thewal said:
Is it possible to upload some photos for us to see, So that we know where you are finding the rust, and we can check ours to see if anyone else is having the same problems?

·
Registered
912 Posts
thewal said:
I will do so as soon as i get home.

What have you been doing to your truck wal you driving it down on the Redeau Canal in the winter or somethin LOL.

·
Registered
912 Posts
thewal said:
Almost :)

plowing snow with it. HAhA
LOL so are you a SENS fan or a HABS fan living in teh big city of Ottawa you get to see them both in fairly close proximity.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Boring? They say in some sports the fans make the sport.

Wrestling is where it was at. ;)

When I was much younger, a bud & I were at a large sporting complex watching a "professional" wrestling match with a "good guy" and the bad guy was Baron Miguel Secluna, whose dirty trick was a can opener in the trunks he would use as a weapon when the ref was distracted. There was a drunk harelip guy sitting behind us that thought the stuff was real, and he kept talking about what he would do if he was up there, such as "I wouldn't wrestle Secluna, I'd street-fight Secluna". Not being one to waste the opportunity, my bud "pumped the guy up" three separate times in the one match. The guy went up to get in the ring and was dragged back by security each time. It was hilarious.

:eek:fftopic:

Sorry, just realized this wasn't DSNY's hockey thread- the price you pay for multiple windows open @ once. I'll try to muffle further unrelated posts here. :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
thewal said:
None actually, not a big hockey fan. Sport is too **** boring.
Boring man you want boring watch baseball or football make a play stand for 3 minutes manke another play lasting all of about 30 seconds to a minute then re group huddle up and stand there then another short play. Baseball has to be the absolute worst spectator sport on the planet IMHO for boredome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looked at mine today and i have rust as well. Not tomention the rust in the third row. Headed to dealer to re sign some documents Saturday. Pretty sure they will correct it as they have been very good to me. let you know what happens.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Acadia Rusted muffler

Just wanted to share this with you. I took my acadia to the dealer due to rust forming on my muffler that caused a whole to start forming.

Anyhow the whole muffler was replaced under warranty. the cost of the whole muffler was $950 canadian.

good thing it was under warranty? :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts