GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed my front tires splash alot onto the body panel. Does anyone have an Acadia, or possible seen a picture of an Acadia, with the mud guards installed? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Re: Mud/Splash Guards

I'm very interested in these too. The accessory catalog post here in another thread show two different styles. ANyone have experience with either of these? Any difference besides aesthetics?

·
Registered
360 Posts

I have some on order and they should be here next week..

I got the molded ones...Plain in the front and GMC molded in the rear...They did not have plain for the rears...

I will give a detailed writeup once they are here on the install...

Adam

·
Registered
364 Posts

Adam,

When you say "detailed" writeup, I assume you mean you'll do some off-raoding and show us how the mud stays off the side of the vehicle. Well, at least drive through a mud puddle so we can see how well they do their job--looks aren't everything!

·
Registered
12 Posts

I installed the molded splash guards this weekend. It does help keep the sides of the car a little cleaner. Very easy install.

·
Registered
156 Posts

A few days after I picked up my Outlook, I noticed the same thing. I had the dealer install the moulded splash guards and it is money well spent.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Hey Oneturingleaf,

What's involved with the installation of the splashguards? Do you need to drill holes in the fender? Simple replacement of existing screws?

Sounds like I need to get some...I surely don't want to have to pay the dealer a hours labor to install these things if it's relatively easy.

Thanks for your help!

RedRocker

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts

oneturningleaf or MrBiz, do either of you have any pics of your slash guards installed? I know a lot of us on here are waiting to see them installed before ordering...

·
Registered
626 Posts

admin said:
oneturningleaf or MrBiz, do either of you have any pics of your slash guards installed? I know a lot of us on here are waiting to see them installed before ordering...
I 2nd that 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts

I notice that there are two kinds of splash guards offered: molded and contoured. The contoured ones are significantly less expensive than the molded ones. Does anyone know what the major differences are between the two types?

·
Registered
10 Posts

I have the molded splash gaurds but have not put them on yet. I will post pics when I do.
(If someone does'nt beat me to it) :p

·
Registered
12 Posts

To install, it is a combination of using exisiting screws and drilling 2 additional. It's not difficult at all. The two additional holes help provide additional support to the inside fender and underneath the mud flap. Total time to install 4, approx 40 mins.
Weather has been bad, I'll try to post when the weather clears in the next day or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Anyone have pricing and part numbers?

·
Registered
200 Posts

I third the idea of pics!!! Thanks for posting them. I'm thinking I'm going w/splash guards...even if I don't like the look...but I'm sure I will.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts

Argh! I've had to wait longer to see the splash guards than I did for my Acadia! ... I hate waiting... :)

·
Premium Member
969 Posts

lol

·
Registered
22 Posts

Contoured splash guards:
Front- GM part # 12497428 GM list: $15.99
Rear- GM part # 17802479 GM list: $15.99
Moulded splash guards:

·
Registered
22 Posts

Sorry- accidentally sent the reply before I finished writing it:
Molded splash guards:
Front- Part #17801948 GM list: $40
Rear- Part #17801949 GM list: $40
There are some pics on gmaccessorydealer.com but their prices are even higher than the GM list price.
I had a dealer's parts manager tell me yesterday that the molded ones are more appropriate for use on a relatively large vehicle like the Acadia and I was told by another parts guy that they were easier to install than the contoured ones.
Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thanks TDIIDman. I think I would like the molded ones better since they look as if they were designed to fit the vehicle, instead of just screwing a piece of flat rubberized plastic to the fender well. I wonder if I can find the molded splash guards without the logo??

1 - 20 of 75 Posts