GMC Acadia Forum banner

Mud Flaps - Anybody Seen/Bought These?

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DrBell 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Now that I am ready to install, does anyone know what the optimal clearance from the bottom of the "flap" to the road should be? I'm only bought the front ones because the rear clearance to tire seems awful tight and because the rear spray is limited to the black plastic "bumper."

#6 ·
Well...., they don't fit! Not enough clearance for my 19" tires. Looks like countour (hard vinyl) flaps won't work. Need to find an old fashioned flap. So, I would check carefully before you buy counours.

#7 ·
When I recently purchased my Acadia, 3 weeks ago and loving it, I negotiated a set of "molded" mudflaps front and rear. The rear set have the red GMC logo on them. I can't tell you their cost since I got them as part of the "deal", or their size. I can however tell you I think they look pretty good on the vehicle. My wife was very concerned about how they would look and she also thinks they look good. I have not had any clearance issues with them so far and they have certainly cut down on the junk thrown up on the sides of the vehicle. I'll try and snap some pictures when the rain stops (2 days and counting).

#8 ·
I saw the flaps on an Acadia yesterday that passed us on the interstate and looked good on their dark colored body.
May even pronounce the wider stance of the Acadia which I like.

#9 ·
I bought the molded splash guards and installed them. The rear pair have the red GMC logo on them and are slightly longer than the front. At any rate, they look very nice. $40 per pair. Part # 17801948 (front) and # 17801949 (rear). They bolt right up to existing hole in the fender well.

Raistmaj said:
When I recently purchased my Acadia, 3 weeks ago and loving it, I negotiated a set of "molded" mudflaps front and rear. The rear set have the red GMC logo on them. I can't tell you their cost since I got them as part of the "deal", or their size. I can however tell you I think they look pretty good on the vehicle. My wife was very concerned about how they would look and she also thinks they look good. I have not had any clearance issues with them so far and they have certainly cut down on the junk thrown up on the sides of the vehicle. I'll try and snap some pictures when the rain stops (2 days and counting).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.