GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a 2022 Denali AWD MSRP $54,000. Anyone have any luck getting a fair price below the MSRP.
Thanks
Roy

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
In my neck of the woods, MSRP is considered a good deal theses days. At the dealer where my son works, everything is MSRP + a market adjustment, with a list of people waiting to buy at those prices.

Used prices are worse. My daughter-in-law just traded in here 2013 Malibu. She paid $13k for it 4 years ago. She got $12,500 for it as a trade. Carvana offered $13k but she preferred to just trade it in.

It's crazy out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I have a 2018 Denali not AWD with all the bells and whistles and thinking of trading it in.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's crazy out there.
That's an understatement! I regularly get offers for my '19 Acadia (sell or trade) from 2 different dealers for more than I paid for it including taxes and fees.

Sounds good until you realize that you'll have to replace it and good luck with finding any kind of comparable offer as a buyer.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have a 2018 Denali not AWD with all the bells and whistles and thinking of trading it in.
I guess it depends on how much difference you are willing to pay for the 2022. As others indicate, the prices are high and dealer inventory is low in many parts of the country. I myself have checked regularly for prices and Acadia inventory at local and distant dealers.

We bought our 2019 Acadia SLT-1 3.6L V6 in June 2019 that had MSRP $40,785 for $30,779 plus tax and fees.
I've gotten trade offers of $8K to $9K more than we paid in the mail, but prices are so much higher now and we do not even have 10K miles on our Acadia yet what with the COVID-19 effect.

And buying an equivalent 2022 Acadia is at no dealing prices of around $43,000 or so. And not in colors or all the features we prefer. So for us it would be $5K to $6K and taxes to get a 3 year newer Acadia. Not a bad amount, but this is such a dubious time to have to buy.

Some have claimed to trade in the last year or so and gotten "equitable" deals, but you never really get to see copies of what they paid. And what is fair to one person may not be to another.

One other thing to be aware of is that some models with certain options like heated/ventilated seats are minus those items due to the chip shortages. There are some other things as well.
So be aware when shopping that you are really getting what you think is included in trim level and packages.
GM has been giving customers a $500 voucher and other incentives to agree to buy without the missing features.

·
Registered
365 Posts
We traded last July when they still had some Acadias on the lot.

Ours is a 21 Denali Ultra with all options. It stocked near $56k

I went in and had a Friends and family discount the dealer refused. But they did offer me $48k for the off sticker price. Then if I recall we got more off on GM financing and then $1500 off with our GM card money.

They then tried to skunk me at $27k for my loaded Denali Acadia with 60,000 miles. I went to walk then the said what would I take. I gave them a Car Fax listing showing trad in was $32,000. Then told them I get these e mails because they signed me up for them when I was in for service. I told them this was from their service. Then said they would put it on the lot for $36k and take $34.5 for it.

They finally said they would do $32k. For trade.

They had six Denali‘s then but since August they have had none since.

I am sure dealers are not coming off much but work the web and shop around. Even a 2 hour drive is worth a grand or two.

We did a two hour drive on our 17 and it saved us money. I found it on the web. The GMC site really can show you what has what. If they have more than one odds are they may deal.

We use GM cards to buy gas. Pay them off on time and that gives us free money for our next purchase. We have saved enough since 1990 that it has paid for one of the new cars.

We traded because trades were up and we got the price we wanted. Our 17 was getting odd electrical issues so we moved on.

What you can do today is hard to say. Best to just get with dealers and see what you can do. I bought on car on the web. We agreed on price and they did a dealer trade to get what I wanted. I went inspected and we closed the deal.

Also check out these trade deals like Carvanna. They are giving clear deals on used cars as they are moving them to areas where they get top dollar in resale. This way you can maybe get a better offer. I did not consider this in July and think I could have gotten $1,000 more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On the plus side......you will get excellent money for your trade. Go to KBB.com to get an idea of what you will get

1 - 7 of 7 Posts